Club AGM 2022

GTP replied on 15/10/2022 11:12

Posted on 15/10/2022 11:12

Finally got around to voting...not happy with the button that allows you to vote in favour (if you are happy with that) of everything...in my opinion this makes for an 'easy' option against actually reading the CV's and motions on the agenda..

InaD replied on 15/10/2022 11:46

Posted on 15/10/2022 09:53 by Goldie146

I had an email on 7th October, with a "VOTE NOW" button (linked to my memebership).

Posted on 15/10/2022 11:46

Yes, the email from 29 September said 2 emails would be sent, on 7 and 18 October. I hadn't thought about it last week as we were in France, trying to get hold of diesel to get back to the Tunnel frown until I saw this thread about the AGM.

Takethedogalong replied on 15/10/2022 11:51

Posted on 15/10/2022 11:51

In terms of submitting a question…..be aware you have a very limited number of words allowed, so needs considering carefully. Hard to get much in without it sounding very blunt. 

Hja replied on 29/10/2022 20:10

Posted on 29/10/2022 20:10

I watched the AGM today.

Questions for those who also watched/attended.

The finance chappie spent some time talking about Laybye User Groups. I assume it was some sort of joke??  What was it's purpose?

Can anyone tell me how they make decisions on eg the elections incorporating all the proxy votes? The results were what I expected, but the Chair seemed to imply there was no opposition but some of the proxy votes were definitely "oppose" votes.

Cornersteady replied on 29/10/2022 20:25

Posted on 29/10/2022 20:10 by Hja

I watched the AGM today.

The finance chappie spent some time talking about Laybye User Groups. I assume it was some sort of joke??  What was it's purpose?

Can anyone tell me how they make decisions on eg the elections incorporating all the proxy votes? The results were what I expected, but the Chair seemed to imply there was no opposition but some of the proxy votes were definitely "oppose" votes.

Posted on 29/10/2022 20:25

I didn't watch it but maybe the layby users wasn't a joke? There have been a few posts/threads about using them so as not to arrive before 1pm, and I think that the club did say find somewhere to park up if you were going to arrive early?

Perhaps the club is mapping these out near to some/all sites? Sounds a bit proactive but who knows?

TimboC replied on 29/10/2022 20:43

I watched the AGM today.

Posted on 29/10/2022 20:43

I didn't get the lay by user group thing either. I thought it was quite embarrasing, to be honest.

The chairman did say that all votes had been counted, so he knew the result already. He's required to throw it out to the floor in case anyone has attended with the purpose of protesting, which clearly they hadn't.

I didn't really know what to expect, but it all seemed a bit hammy,

The information given was worth it though, and the club seems to be in good health

JVB66 replied on 30/10/2022 17:42

I watched the AGM today.

Posted on 30/10/2022 17:42

It his is usual attempt at joking as was his steam fare attendancesurprisedwink

Hja replied on 30/10/2022 18:41

Posted on 29/10/2022 21:01 by Martatin

Was there any acceptance of the horrendous launch of new booking system?

Posted on 30/10/2022 18:41

Nick Lomas said launch didn’t go as expected. Nearest we got to an apology. But it is all going to be fine.

The Chair gave CLs a good write up, lots of potential new ones in the pipeline. But then Nick Lomas didn’t make any reference, as far as I remember, about not being able to easily find the info you need about individual CLs.

interestingly, given their concerns about increased costs, there was no mention of the rumoured trialing of electricity metereing. Maybe it will just happen?!

Oh, 2022 will be a good year but 2023 will be a bad year.

DavidKlyne replied on 30/10/2022 20:29

Posted on 30/10/2022 20:29

HJA said:- Oh, 2022 will be a good year but 2023 will be a bad year.

Did they qualify that in anyway? From what was said about people using the new booking system it seems as if it's all going swimmingly but to suggest that 2023 could be difficult seems to suggest the opposite? We all know that everyone's financial expectations for 2023 is not likely to be positive but I am just trying to work out if the downturn in 2023 is due to members personal circumstances or the new booking system?

David

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook