Club AGM 2020

RowenaBCAMC replied on 05/10/2020 10:53

Posted on 05/10/2020 10:53

The Club AGM will take place at 2pm on Saturday 24 October 2020. 

However, due to the challenges and uncertainties arising from the Covid-19 pandemic and with the health and safety of our members being our priority, the meeting will no longer take place at Chester Racecourse.

The AGM will now be available to view via a Zoom webinar. More information can be found here: www.caravanclub.co.uk/agm/ smile

DavidKlyne replied on 07/10/2020 10:23

Posted on 07/10/2020 09:22 by peedee

I cannot help but I get the same result. I also note if you want to ask a question via Slido, the number of characters allowed are restricted and are too few for my needs. If you want to see the questions already asked, log onto >Slido<, the code is E936

peedee

Posted on 07/10/2020 10:23

Thanks for that Peedee. Interesting that you can like a suggestion but can't dislike it! Can you ask a question but not tune into the event?

David

brue replied on 07/10/2020 11:12

Posted on 07/10/2020 11:12

Looks like the questions are separately presented...if they get chosen? So I presume you don't need to watch the event. Very limited on word space.

JVB66 replied on 07/10/2020 11:17

Posted on 07/10/2020 11:12 by brue

Looks like the questions are separately presented...if they get chosen? So I presume you don't need to watch the event. Very limited on word space.

Posted on 07/10/2020 11:17

And it seems they are also editedundecided

RowenaBCAMC replied on 07/10/2020 12:03

Posted on 07/10/2020 12:03

Just to advise questions are only edited to remove the membership number and those that submit a question are advised of this. smile

peedee replied on 07/10/2020 13:24

Posted on 07/10/2020 13:24

My understanding is that all questions will be answered but not all at the AGM. Only those chosen will be replied to at the AGM others hopefully will be responded to on the AGM web page.

From the instructions:

When will my question be answered?

Only a number of the most liked/popular questions will be answered during ‘Any Other Business’by the Club Chairman, Treasurer, Director General and Club Director(s) at the virtual AGM.

All other questions will be answered afterwards and will be available to view on the Club website(www.camc.com/agm).

Unfortunately we are not able to respond to each question individually, and some questions maybe grouped together for a shared response to be given

peedee

DavidKlyne replied on 07/10/2020 14:47

Posted on 07/10/2020 14:47

I am not familiar with Zoom so I was wondering whether I need to download anything to my computer in order just to watch the proceedings? Will I need a computer with a camera and microphone or can I just watch it like a YouTube video? Given that the questions don't seem to be asked at the meeting by the submitting member I imagine there is no two way communication required?

David

peedee replied on 07/10/2020 16:32

Posted on 07/10/2020 16:32

You do need the Zoom App. Once you have that loaded you just follow the instructions in the email which you receive as a result of registration. The host in this case the Club controls who can speak and if you don't request to speak then you don't need a  micraphone. A camera is optional and not necessary and yes you can just watch and listen if that is all you wish to do. The host controls everything.

Zoom has a good "Help Menu"

peedee

P.S. just noticed the registration email gives an email address to send questions to presumably as an alternative to Sildo.

LLM replied on 07/10/2020 16:49

Posted on 07/10/2020 16:49

I understand that the CAMC IT department is legendary, so no question as to how smoothly it will all run smile

brue replied on 07/10/2020 17:03

Posted on 07/10/2020 16:32 by peedee

You do need the Zoom App. Once you have that loaded you just follow the instructions in the email which you receive as a result of registration. The host in this case the Club controls who can speak and if you don't request to speak then you don't need a  micraphone. A camera is optional and not necessary and yes you can just watch and listen if that is all you wish to do. The host controls everything.

Zoom has a good "Help Menu"

peedee

P.S. just noticed the registration email gives an email address to send questions to presumably as an alternative to Sildo.

Posted on 07/10/2020 17:03

Well now I've got to grips with it all I need is the ability to link up on the day! Thanks for your input  Rowena and Peedee too....hope some more questions appear, a bit of a slow start, I quite like grappling with "new to me" tech things! wink

DavidKlyne replied on 07/10/2020 21:17

Posted on 07/10/2020 21:17

Even I have managed to download Zoom and followed the link in the OP and registered. I know Rowena said that spaces were limited but there clearly is still room.

David

PS Only 17 questions asked thus far. Deposits seem to be popular!!!

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook