Insurance renewal advice please

rdchair replied on 24/12/2015 10:17

Posted on 24/12/2015 10:17

Hi all , we have nearly completed our first year of caravanning and what a brilliant time we have had. 23 different trips so far this year, 3 miles away to 300 miles away, 1 nighters to 18.

Anyway, we have just had a CC insurance renewal notice of £145.45 .

A quick search came up with £77 from uk caravan sure without legal ,breakdown or europe cover,or £81 with europe cover.

lifesure freedom +caravaninsurance came in next at £101 including breakdown and euro cover.

I understand that I need to check like for like, I have also checked and my car cover covers breakdown while on the road.

just wondered from the more experienced out there, do you shop around, do the club price match, does anyone use these other companies etc.

I am sure this has been a well debated topic so if anyone can link me to it it would be apreciated. Regards

Dom

Wildwood replied on 24/12/2015 21:23

Posted on 24/12/2015 21:23

Not sure about the other quoting companies but they seem too cheap to be true.  I would stick with the club insurance for the difference as their insurance is very wide and the service first class if you need to claim.

KjellNN replied on 25/12/2015 00:32

Posted on 25/12/2015 00:32

We are with the Club too, the service is very  good, but the cost can be a bit more.

Is the cover with the other companies exactly the same?  It can often be difficult to make an exact comparison.

Regarding breakdown cover, you need to check that your car cover would be suitable should it be the caravan that breaks down.

rdchair replied on 25/12/2015 09:33

Posted on 25/12/2015 09:33

yes, like for like is the hardest thing to compare.

Ill have to check on the breakdown cover?

cheers for replies, Merry Christmas

Pippah45 replied on 26/12/2015 06:59

Posted on 26/12/2015 06:59

I went for the C&CC cover a few years back which is a bit cheaper and like for like with the CC but that won't help if you aren't a member of both clubs.  They were very good when I had two claims.  

If only one of you is a driver/tugger do check out what happens if the driver is incapacitated for any reason that could be important.  They were ok with that for me last year thank goodness.  You never know what large or small incident is just round the corner!

Wherenext replied on 26/12/2015 11:46

Posted on 26/12/2015 11:46

You asked w whether CC price match. They don't.

Also found C&CC cheaper but slightly more onerous terms on Theft which didn't suit my particular circumstances so left it with CC this year. Probably change next year though.

Merve replied on 27/12/2015 22:27

Posted on 27/12/2015 22:27

I'm with the club and I wouldn't go anywhere else. The price can be beaten but the service can't. I had a van stolen and the club was nothing short of brilliant. It's when things like that happen, when you really need help that the proof is in the pudding. Club for me every time!!

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook