Go Outdoors Membership Renewal

DavidKlyne replied on 21/07/2017 11:55

Posted on 21/07/2017 11:55

Was in Go Outdoors earlier and my membership had run out but they renewed if free of charge, apparently the offer runs until September.

David

ABM replied on 21/07/2017 16:39

Posted on 21/07/2017 16:39

How  did  you  talk  'em  into  that,  DK ??

I'll  go  &  check  but  I  think  it  cost  me  £5,  even  tho'  it  still  saved  me  about  £20  !

Edit  Yes  29th  June  at  Shrewsbury

vivien replied on 21/07/2017 20:55

Posted on 21/07/2017 20:55

Don't forget, the Go Outdoors card offers good discount, add in the C&CC card and get even more off your bill!!

DavidKlyne replied on 21/07/2017 21:24

Posted on 21/07/2017 21:24

ABM

No talking them into it, they just volunteered. I make the assumption it is nationwide but it has just struck me that the MK store has been closed for some time and has only recently reopened after a serious fire so I hope it is nationwide and not just local!!!

David

obbernockle replied on 21/07/2017 21:47

Posted on 21/07/2017 21:47

Usually, if you haven't been in a store for a year or so they will give you the discount if you tell them your postcode. Obviously they take the £5 annual subs too.

dmiller555 replied on 22/07/2017 08:24

Posted on 22/07/2017 08:24

I wasn't aware of this company so checked their website. At first glance most of the goods are the same price or dearer than from other sources so what is the attraction of using them, free coffee perhaps?

SteveL replied on 22/07/2017 08:42

Posted on 22/07/2017 08:24 by dmiller555

I wasn't aware of this company so checked their website. At first glance most of the goods are the same price or dearer than from other sources so what is the attraction of using them, free coffee perhaps?

Posted on 22/07/2017 08:42

As with all things you have to shop around. Some things like Thetford products are cheaper down the road at Yorkshire Caravans, so we always check prices on the way passed. However, they do stock some things they don't. Plus of course we get an extra 10% as English Heritage members. Also they always have specials on something, and if  it's what you want very good prices are to be had. We like it for walking boots, as they have a much larger range than most shops. It's just a case of waiting until they have an offer on them.

The free coffee ( well perhaps we should say complimentary) sounds a good idea. 😀 I can't understand why more shops have not followed Waitrose's lead.

Pippah45 replied on 22/07/2017 09:39

Posted on 22/07/2017 09:39

You can take your dog in with you!  (Not an attraction I have taken advantage of!)  wink  For me living in a rural area - the number of different products they stock is handy - and the offers can be good - but as with all things its a good idea to shop around and do your research.  Extra discounts for being club members is useful too. 

DavidKlyne replied on 22/07/2017 09:54

Posted on 22/07/2017 08:24 by dmiller555

Posted on 22/07/2017 09:54

I must admit that for some years I avoided them because of the membership fee. Their discounted prices are similar if not the same to other retailers so it would be a bit silly to shop there without the discount as you could almost certainly get everything cheaper elsewhere. I succumbed because gradually alternatives seemed to be closing in our area which would have meant a 20 miles journey to buy basics. If you are a regular shopper I think you do save a bit of money plus of course, the addition discount for being a CMC and C&CC member plus other organisations. From their point of view it gave them a dedicated customer base which they could target with offers. They have recently been taken over by another group so whether that will see changes we have yet to see.

David

peedee replied on 22/07/2017 11:42

Posted on 22/07/2017 11:42

That is also the only reason I pay for membership. For such a large populated area where there isn't much you cannot buy its hard to believe there isn't a caravan/motorhome dealer and  accessory shop worthwhile visiting unless you are prepared to travel a long distance.

peedee

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook