CL Sites with toilets (Delicate subject)

ianconners replied on 21/07/2020 17:06

Posted on 21/07/2020 17:06

OK, Time for a delicate topic. With many sites not opening toilet or shower blocks, Im somewhat baffled how people are going on in caravans or motorhomes on these sites.

Ive looked at CL sites but odd though it seems, most do not appear to have the most basic thing that being a loo !

Maybe it's just me, but I find it inconceivable toilets in motorhomes or caravans would be used for anything but a convenient pee, heaven forbid anybody should tell me Im wrong ha !

Are there such a thing as CL sites with a shower and loo ?

Tinwheeler replied on 21/07/2020 17:12

Posted on 21/07/2020 17:12

You’re wrong! Vans have facilities that work perfectly well. Why pay tens of thousands of pounds for the LV and not use it as intended?🤷🏻‍♂️

Full facility CLs do exist but I get the feeling you'll be more at home on club sites but some of them are non-facility so choose with care.

moulesy replied on 21/07/2020 17:13

Posted on 21/07/2020 17:13

Yes, there are lots and lots, though I'm not sure how the current situation might affect their use.

Are you looking for any area of the country in particular? You're bound to get loads of suggestions if you let us know! smile

replied on 21/07/2020 17:14

Posted on 21/07/2020 17:14

With many sites not opening toilet or shower blocks, Im somewhat baffled how people are going on in caravans or motorhomes on these sites.

Presumably using there own facilities, I am happy to use non facility sites as a number are.

Are there such a thing as CL sites with a shower and loo ?

Indeed there are but weather those facilities are currently open will depend on the site.

JVB66 replied on 21/07/2020 17:15

Posted on 21/07/2020 17:15

Thats why toilets are installed in most most LVs to be used for both functionswink most club sites toilets are open although at this time very restricted access 

When looking at CLs it will advise if there is a toilet,

ianconners replied on 21/07/2020 17:15

Posted on 21/07/2020 17:15

Thanks for the early replies, The North from Manchester upwards.

moulesy replied on 21/07/2020 17:21

Posted on 21/07/2020 17:21

Ah ha! I can give another plug for one of our favourites then - Drake House Farm high in the hills above Clitheroe - AO, serviced HS pitches, toilet & shower, wifi included (plus awning & dogs if that applies) - fab views across the valley to Pendle Hill and plenty of walking direct from the site or a short drive away! smile

(No,  I don't get commission by the way! wink)

replied on 21/07/2020 17:22

Posted on 21/07/2020 17:12 by Tinwheeler

You’re wrong! Vans have facilities that work perfectly well. Why pay tens of thousands of pounds for the LV and not use it as intended?🤷🏻‍♂️

Full facility CLs do exist but I get the feeling you'll be more at home on club sites but some of them are non-facility so choose with care.

Posted on 21/07/2020 17:22

Depends on the CL TW. The one that I used this year at Boston was excellent 

JVB66 replied on 21/07/2020 17:25

Posted on 21/07/2020 17:25

i agree about non facility sites,read what the site information says before thinking "thats a good price in a nice area" .

Some friends of ours were  Wardens on a  non facility site and they can tell some of the "confrontations?" they have had to deal with because some do not read the information about the sites

But then as they have said the non facility sites tend to attract real LV users ,and most are still very popular

JVB66 replied on 21/07/2020 17:35

Posted on 21/07/2020 17:15 by JVB66

Thats why toilets are installed in most most LVs to be used for both functionswink most club sites toilets are open although at this time very restricted access 

When looking at CLs it will advise if there is a toilet,

Posted on 21/07/2020 17:35

Ps our friends have just come back from a CL near Louth all Hardstanding and each pitch had its own facility pod

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook