Alde Compact 3020 HE system

Mandy and Stewart replied on 10/04/2017 16:45

Posted on 10/04/2017 16:45

Just returned from our second trip in our new Lunar Clubman SI with Alde heating system.

Just getting to grips with all the gizmos / switches and electronics on this new van. However as a newbie to caravanning  the one thing I can't get my head round is :

If, on the Electrical PSU,  I have the water heater totally switched off, with only the space heater switched on then  why do I get hot water that I wasn't expecting or asking for ? The Alde control panel is switched on but only for heating.

The water temp is really hot too. Is there anyway I can adjust the water temperature?

I'm suspecting that it is overheating ?

Is this normal for an alde system?

MeatHome replied on 11/02/2019 10:49

Posted on 18/04/2017 09:24 by SteveL

I would describe ours as more the pipes groaning, rather  than loud clicking. However, I don't think it can be cured. It is simply the pipes and joints expanding as they heat up. It is more noticeable at this time of year when the pump goes on and off a lot. In the colder winter months it is on a lot more, and the fluid foes not cool as much. I suppose reducing the heating temperature to 1 kw would cause the pump to remain on longer and therefore you would have less heating cycles of the pipes.

Posted on 11/02/2019 10:49

Problem of "clicking" during expansion and contraction solved by:-

Following pipes and wherever they came in contact with part of the structure isolating with small piece of foam pipe lagging.

This, in my case, was most successfull where the pipes ran under the door sill.

young thomas replied on 12/02/2019 17:49

Posted on 10/04/2017 16:45 by Mandy and Stewart

Just returned from our second trip in our new Lunar Clubman SI with Alde heating system.

Just getting to grips with all the gizmos / switches and electronics on this new van. However as a newbie to caravanning  the one thing I can't get my head round is :

If, on the Electrical PSU,  I have the water heater totally switched off, with only the space heater switched on then  why do I get hot water that I wasn't expecting or asking for ? The Alde control panel is switched on but only for heating.

The water temp is really hot too. Is there anyway I can adjust the water temperature?

I'm suspecting that it is overheating ?

Is this normal for an alde system?

Posted on 12/02/2019 17:49

if it works like the Truma system then, if water heating only is selected the burner will switch off when the required temperature is reached (40 or 60 deg)....

however, if the water is being heated as a by product of the space heating setting then there is no control over the water temperature as, in effect, it's the heating that is the driver, not the water heating control.

im told that water heated in this way can easily reach 80 deg....

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook