Hello all

LiamNMiranda replied on 06/04/2017 20:08

Posted on 06/04/2017 20:08

Hi everyone I just wanted to take a few moments to say hi from me (Liam) and my partner Lizi.

recently just bought a custom 5th wheel motor caravan and we are so excited to get exploring the UK.

we are both young only 26, I have done bit of touring myself but never have I been a member of the club so cant wait to try all the lovely sites and meet like mined people on the way.

so our first trip is planned for august, rough route is over 2 weeks and will include: Pembrokeshire,snowdonia,chester,dales,whitby,york and home. if anyone has recommendations for sites on route please don't be shy. cant wait to read up on some of the posts on here for tips, hope to chat to as many like minded people as possible who share the touring bug. 

best wishes 

Liam N Lizi

Milothedog replied on 06/04/2017 20:37

Posted on 06/04/2017 20:37

That's a fantastic outfit you have,  from what I have seen/experienced though, access & egress to sites may be a problem and a suitable size pitch could prove interesting.

Hope you have a great time cool

Ian.

Tinwheeler replied on 06/04/2017 21:31

Posted on 06/04/2017 21:31

Hello, LnL.

Sorry, but my tip is that you don't bring it to Cornwall. Otherwise, welcome to CT. 

JVB66 replied on 06/04/2017 21:41

Posted on 06/04/2017 21:41

Welcome to CT, Just a tip if the picture in your avatar is how it looks ,I would not go to a site without a telephone call first to advise the staff of your outfits size(how long is it!) as most sites will have length limit,

N1805 replied on 07/04/2017 08:37

Posted on 07/04/2017 08:37

Have seen similar large unit on Sandringham site & I am sure there will be other club sites you can use but as already said perhaps phone 1st to ensure they can accommodate.  Also seen some owners of similar vehicles post on CT but can’t unfortunately remember in which thread.  Enjoy your touring. 

Milothedog replied on 07/04/2017 09:03

Posted on 07/04/2017 09:03

Out of curiosity Liam, do need to hold C+E entitlement to drive it ? Do you have to use a Tacho?

I let my professional entitlements lapse when I retired early in 2012 as it was too much hassle to keep my CPC updated and I was due my next 5 yearly medical. would have cost me a fair bit for something I was unlikely to need ever again.

Would love to see some more pictures if you can post them. It's certainly a thing of beauty in my eyes. Is the Unit/Tractor a F7 or F6

Ian.

David2115 replied on 07/04/2017 12:30

Posted on 07/04/2017 12:30

Wow each to their own but that is one huge outfit that won't fit on most club site imho. Looks like something fairground people would use. I guess as u ar planning for August you won't be using it for occasional weekends away. 

DSB replied on 08/04/2017 19:47

Posted on 08/04/2017 19:47

Hi Liam and Lizi.  Welcome to Club Together.  Great to hear from you - please keep us posted on how you are getting on.

David

Bakers2 replied on 08/04/2017 19:53

Posted on 08/04/2017 19:53

Hello and welcome to CT and our great hobby.

Boy that's a biggy surprised.  I can't help with sites or routes but as others have said check that the club sites you fancy can accommodate your size.  Will it be suitable to drive in the dales?  I have no idea, but I think routes would need serious consideration.  That said I bet it will attract some attention on site and you may want to charge for tours wink

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook