uploading photo to profile

Rufs replied on 20/09/2017 14:22

Posted on 20/09/2017 14:22

is there something magical that you have to do to upload photo to profile, everytime i try it tells me it must be jpeg, gif etc, all my photos are jpeg or gif, I know i am still using windows XP so i am a bit of a dinasour but photos are jpeg etc come what may, anybody else having similar difficulties ?

SteveL replied on 20/09/2017 17:03

Posted on 20/09/2017 17:03

It's a while since I did it. As it is only possible on our windows computer, which I seldom switch on, and not available on the iPad I usually use.

However, I seem to recall there was a maximum file size. That size was much smaller than all of my photos, so I had to reduce the one I used before uploading it.

N1805 replied on 20/09/2017 17:06

Posted on 20/09/2017 17:06

As I understand it photos have to be no bigger than 500 so you may have to resize. "Tutorial for uploading photos and video" thread has various info which may be helpful depending on the hardware/software you use.  

Rufs replied on 20/09/2017 17:56

Posted on 20/09/2017 17:56

thank your for reply, this web site never ceases to amaze me, if size is a problem why did it not tell me that rather than tell me i was possibly using the wrong format, not impressed, will skip the photo, it is not worth the hassle

EmilysDad replied on 20/09/2017 19:20

Posted on 20/09/2017 19:20

Even when you re-size your picture to the size of digital pictures in their infancy and do it all correctly, you're still not guaranteed to change your profile picture 😞

It might work or it might not ...... 

yorksman replied on 25/10/2017 17:09

Posted on 25/10/2017 17:09

i have a profile pic but i can't change it. must say part from late availability this website sucks

Bakers2 replied on 25/10/2017 18:33

Posted on 25/10/2017 18:33

Brue and Oneputt seem to manage to change their avatars ok. If others have managed I've missed them. There aren't many folks posting on threads these days 😢. That might offer us all a clue to use ability 😉  I think life's too short to attempt  a try. However I have managed to post photos in thread's thanks to a resizing app.

brue replied on 25/10/2017 21:02

Posted on 25/10/2017 21:02

When I change mine I see that an "adobe flash" request appears, I agree to let this happen just the once. Then I proceed to change the photo but I have to resize in edit to 500 pixels first.

So a recap. First. Choose a photo. Resize in edit. Go into change profile pic. Accept adobe as a one off. Browse pics and choose the one you have resized. You might need to press refresh/F5 or clear your browser history. My last change to the pumpkins appeared on my laptop immediately, but on my phone it took a day.

After that, pat yourself on the back, you have climbed the CT equivalent of Snowden on a bad day.....laughing

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook