Is this site user friendly?

Doug n San replied on 01/05/2016 10:44

Posted on 01/05/2016 10:44

I would like to start a discussion on the subject of "Is this site user friendly? the reason for this is that I have a problem negotiating around the site in general. 

take for instance the headings on the opening page, from the descriptions used how would you find your way to this page, there is no mention of a forum, which this is, “club together” seems to me to be a very poor way of describing what where it will take you. The when you get onto the forum site there is a sub heading on the right hand side of which 2 are defiantly misplaced, IE “Where to start” and “Membership”. 

Surly “where to start should be on the home page and Membership is already on the Home page so why show it again in a forum page? 

It is not my intention to do any bashing here but to find constructive criticism to improve the site in general, thats if the management is open to this. 

So now I will try to find my way to the CL information pages which seems to be the Cinderella of the site, but to me its the only reason to be a member.

Tinwheeler replied on 01/05/2016 10:50

Posted on 01/05/2016 10:50

I think you will be moved to the correct section, D&S. How to use CT.

We all know it's not perfect here but we're told a new forum (or Discussions) will be along soon. Life's too short to worry about it in my view.

Edit: Cross posted with you, One.

IanH replied on 01/05/2016 10:54

Posted on 01/05/2016 10:54

If you think this one is difficult to negotiate and use, have a look at the C&CC web site......!

Doug n San replied on 01/05/2016 11:24

Posted on 01/05/2016 11:24

It's sad to say that as a general truth that forums, all forums suffer from over zealous managers, so don’t expect this one to be any different. I think its a case of “One man’s meat is another man’s poison” 

I had an instance a week ago where I picked out a CL from the club Book/Map only to fail in finding it on the web site. To sort this out I had to email the club for information, which dully arrives a few days later. 

Now this seems silly to me, if the club could take the time to remove the site from the web surly they could have left a note on the CL web site that it was closed and then removed it when the next club book was out? 

AS for other site being worse, is this a reason not to improve this one? 

Tinwheeler replied on 01/05/2016 11:29

Posted on 01/05/2016 11:29

If you think this one is difficult to negotiate and use, have a look at the C&CC web site......!

Ian, I thought it was just me as others say how wonderful the C&CC forum is. Something else we agree on.Surprised

replied on 01/05/2016 12:29

Posted on 01/05/2016 12:29

The user and all related content has been Deleted User

cyberyacht replied on 01/05/2016 12:32

Posted on 01/05/2016 12:32

O ye of little faith. Look how long the upgrade from Stonehenge to the digital watch took. At least Stonehenge didn't need a lithium battery.

Navigateur replied on 01/05/2016 13:19

Posted on 01/05/2016 13:19

Look how long the upgrade from Stonehenge to the digital watch took.

But Stonehenge did actually work then and still does now!

Oneputt replied on 01/05/2016 13:19

Posted on 01/05/2016 13:19

all forums suffer from over zealous managers

That's obviously your experience DnS but not mine.  The headings on here are actually pretty self explanatory so a moderator will, if incorrectly placed,  always move to a more appropriate section/thread. 

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook