Dysfunctional online booking system

Tirril replied on 24/06/2024 09:48

Posted on 24/06/2024 09:48

I tried to book Pandy, a Club site, and went through the entire process completing the payment process but was not returned to the Club confirmation page and neither was an email received. As it was the last date to receive a booking discount I repeated the process and after five failures gave up. On checking my credit card statement all five deposits were recorded. It took 20 minutes on the phone to a very helpful member of staff to confirm that no booking had been completed and payment would not be retained. I had an identical  problem last September and there is comment on websites of others having similar problems. I don't mind the odd glitch but it is unacceptable that 10 months later such a basic fault still persists. The club has lost a decent length booking replaced by a couple of calls to CLs

peedee replied on 24/06/2024 10:41

Posted on 24/06/2024 10:41

Not had any problems with the bookings I have made this year. What systems are you using? All mine have been made using a PC running windows 11 and Firefox.

peedee

Tirril replied on 24/06/2024 15:26

Posted on 24/06/2024 15:26

I use a MacBook on OS 11-7-10 and also tried on an iPhone on latest software. Everything else works fine just cannot book a site. I get through the process right up to confirming payment then the screen gives an error message. Even so my online banking shows that payment is being taken. A day later still shows the money being listed as a payment to the Club. I even reset my password and logged back in. I can only book by telephoning the club national office (no site numbers are supplied now) and it can take at least 20 minutes waiting for a response. 

Hja replied on 24/06/2024 15:46

Posted on 24/06/2024 15:26 by Tirril

I use a MacBook on OS 11-7-10 and also tried on an iPhone on latest software. Everything else works fine just cannot book a site. I get through the process right up to confirming payment then the screen gives an error message. Even so my online banking shows that payment is being taken. A day later still shows the money being listed as a payment to the Club. I even reset my password and logged back in. I can only book by telephoning the club national office (no site numbers are supplied now) and it can take at least 20 minutes waiting for a response. 

Posted on 24/06/2024 15:46

Site phone umbers are in the handbook, on a separate page.

peedee replied on 24/06/2024 15:47

Posted on 24/06/2024 15:47

Thanks T, it would be interesting to know if others using the same systems as you have similar problems or not. You cannot be the only one usiing Mac systems.

peedee

peedee replied on 24/06/2024 16:02

Posted on 24/06/2024 15:46 by Hja

Site phone umbers are in the handbook, on a separate page.

Posted on 24/06/2024 16:02

But not on the web site.surprised Surely they should be?

peedee

SteveL replied on 24/06/2024 16:45

Posted on 24/06/2024 16:02 by peedee

But not on the web site.surprised Surely they should be?

peedee

Posted on 24/06/2024 16:45

They are if you use the new site directions link. The site telephone number is present at the bottom of the pdf.

I have used both our iMac and an iPad to make bookings and have had no issues to date.

peedee replied on 24/06/2024 18:05

Posted on 24/06/2024 16:45 by SteveL

They are if you use the new site directions link. The site telephone number is present at the bottom of the pdf.

I have used both our iMac and an iPad to make bookings and have had no issues to date.

Posted on 24/06/2024 18:05

Thanks, I would never have thought of looking there, you automatically think it should be with the address.

peedee

richardandros replied on 25/06/2024 07:06

Posted on 24/06/2024 15:47 by peedee

Thanks T, it would be interesting to know if others using the same systems as you have similar problems or not. You cannot be the only one usiing Mac systems.

peedee

Posted on 25/06/2024 07:06

I use an iMac at home - running OS Monteray and a MacBook Air in the caravan. Used both for bookings and not had any problems.

I have to say though, that having been away for two weeks, this is the first time I have used the iMac since the new 'improved ' font was introduced and the text in this reply box is so small, I can hardly see it.  Haven't cleared the cache, though - don't know if that will improve matters.

Takethedogalong replied on 30/06/2024 10:46

Posted on 30/06/2024 10:46

I haven’t been able to access the Club site booking pages for weeks now. It just buffers, flashes on and off and finally crashes (telling me the website has crashed).

I emailed HQ, and after a while did get a response. It said that the Club were aware that there are issues with Safari, and I should change to Google Chrome or another browser. I had done this as part of trying to resolve the issue myself, along with the two other things they suggested I try, namely clear my cache/history, and ensure my log in was correct. I had already done and tried these three things, but to no avail. No urgency whatsoever to book a Club Site, so I have given up for the moment.

If awards were handed out for the most dismal online booking experience, as far as I am concerned, this would be a high contender. It used to be one of the slickest, easiest and satisfying booking systems around, but no, it had to be improved, up graded. Now a load of tripe. 🤷‍♀️

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook