Cannot leave a review for CL using iPad!

ShirleyAllis replied on 19/11/2016 23:25

Posted on 19/11/2016 23:25

Just wasted an hour attempting  to leave reviews for CL's that we have recently stayed at.  Also problems in general accessing most things on CC website with iPad 

it appears that iPads are not CC compatible.  Shame, as when we are away we are more likely to have the iPad rather than a laptop.  

Come on CC - it's not rocket science and iPads have been around for a while,  when will you get your act together?

briantimber replied on 19/11/2016 23:35

Posted on 19/11/2016 23:35

Come on CC - it's not rocket science and iPads have been around for a while,  when will you get your act together?

Indeed Shirley, lots of us have been asking this question for a long time......YellCool

SteveL replied on 20/11/2016 08:30

Posted on 20/11/2016 08:30

It would be interesting to know if others have this problem with reviews. I have not left one for a CL but the procedure seems the same as for main sites. and I have no problem there. I have been using an iPad for over 3 years on the club site and can't say I have come across any degree of incompatibility, except on CT. Where it is not possible to upload pictures and emoticons can crash the thread. There are also issues in the apps but I think these are common to other devices as well.

edit, just a thought, perhaps the OP was timed out. This has happened to me and is very annoying. Always do reviews in an editor these days, and cut and paste.

Tinwheeler replied on 20/11/2016 08:40

Posted on 20/11/2016 08:40

I've not had any problems using a Pad on here. 

Are you using iOS 10, Shirley? I've not updated yet as I've heard it has a few issues. 

Jammy replied on 20/11/2016 08:56

Posted on 20/11/2016 08:56

It would be interesting to know if others have this problem with reviews. I have not left one for a CL but the procedure seems the same as for main sites. and I have no problem there. I have been using an iPad for over 3 years on the club site and can't say I have come across any degree of incompatibility, except on CT. Where it is not possible to upload pictures and emoticons can crash the thread. There are also issues in the apps but I think these are common to other devices as well.

edit, just a thought, perhaps the OP was timed out. This has happened to me and is very annoying. Always do reviews in an editor these days, and cut and paste.

Write your comments here...I have just found out why my iPad-written reviews have always failed.  Being retired i always leave the "good for families " rating empty.  When I hit "submit", I get "please wait " followed by "submit" again.  What I can't see is the little red error message insisting that I rate suitability for families.  Time and time again I have abandoned my attempt to leave a review.  Today I noticed the message, gave a meaningless rating and successfully left a review for the first time ever!  Maybe that is Shirley's problem too.

brue replied on 20/11/2016 09:01

Posted on 20/11/2016 09:01

Sometimes there is also a delay after pressing submit. This can lead to multiple reviews if you press submit again. Not easy. Frown

Jammy replied on 20/11/2016 09:09

Posted on 20/11/2016 09:09

It really about time our web team came to terms with iPads.  They are our team.  We, the members, are the club.  Maybe we should call an EGM to authorise our elected council to purchase an iPad for the IT team so they can test our systems on iPads as well as Windows PCs.

replied on 20/11/2016 09:41

Posted on 20/11/2016 09:41

The user and all related content has been Deleted User

replied on 20/11/2016 09:56

Posted on 20/11/2016 09:56

The user and all related content has been Deleted User

SteveL replied on 20/11/2016 09:58

Posted on 20/11/2016 09:58

Write your comments here...I have just found out why my iPad-written reviews have always failed.  Being retired i always leave the "good for families " rating empty.  When I hit "submit", I get "please wait " followed by "submit" again.  What I can't see is the little red error message insisting that I rate suitability for families.  Time and time again I have abandoned my attempt to leave a review.  Today I noticed the message, gave a meaningless rating and successfully left a review for the first time ever!  Maybe that is Shirley's problem too.

I agree that the star rating on individual items is flawed, as each is so subjective. In the case of good for families, are you rating the site or the area  of the site? On a recent review for Balitic Wharf I would have given site good for families 1, as no play area and a very restricted site, but area of site good for families 5. I personally think they should do away with them, except for perhaps an overall rating.

However, in the CC's defence, it does very clearly state that they are required fields. Unfortunately error messages being off the bottom of the screen is not unusual on many sites and not specific to the iPad.

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook