Club Magazine

LPC replied on 09/06/2018 20:42

Posted on 09/06/2018 20:42

I find the Club Magazine beyond lightweight and not focussing on its core readers( I do realise that the oldies( I am one) will exit the club sooner rather than later) and the Club will  focus on the youngsters in total which they appear to be trying hard to do now. Come on Club put some good content in the magazine that needs more than an attention span of a goldfish. Nowadays I can flip through the magazine in 10 minutes trying to find something of interest.

replied on 09/06/2018 20:46

Posted on 09/06/2018 20:46

I only take it out of the plastic wrapper to recycle

BrianJosie replied on 09/06/2018 20:53

Posted on 09/06/2018 20:42 by LPC

I find the Club Magazine beyond lightweight and not focussing on its core readers( I do realise that the oldies( I am one) will exit the club sooner rather than later) and the Club will  focus on the youngsters in total which they appear to be trying hard to do now. Come on Club put some good content in the magazine that needs more than an attention span of a goldfish. Nowadays I can flip through the magazine in 10 minutes trying to find something of interest.

Posted on 09/06/2018 20:53

I do like a read of the club mag but it does take me 11mins so I must be finding something you are missingπŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚.

joking apart I do like the club mag,perhaps I need to broaden my horizons πŸ˜‰

Brian & Jo

JayEss replied on 09/06/2018 20:54

Posted on 09/06/2018 20:54

I don't class myself as an oldie but I find the magazine has dumbed down a lot from when I first joined the club. I used to read it but it goes straight to recycling now. 

If they are focusing on younger members it would probably help if they put a few metric measurements into the reviews instead of converting them all to imperial. 

Oh and perhaps fewer adverts for funeral plans, joint supplements and walk in baths?

However I doubt anyone joins for a magazine. 

LPC replied on 09/06/2018 21:01

Posted on 09/06/2018 21:01

Also perhaps some reviews about tow cars most of us could reasonably afford.(£20-30k). Not the £50+ the club obviously likes to test.

Bakers2 replied on 09/06/2018 22:05

Posted on 09/06/2018 22:05

I used to read the magazine from cover to cover. Now I skim through but rarely read anything.  Seems very dumbed down to me. Little in the way of real interesting articles, reviews that really tell us nothing, decor nice πŸ˜‰ and seem to be aimed at the high end prices. Tips and help very basic. I love letters in publications but even these disappoint. 

Bit like EasyT unwrap, but flick through, before recycling.

DavidKlyne replied on 09/06/2018 22:31

Posted on 09/06/2018 22:31

Whilst I appreciate that we don't directly subscribe to the Club magazine I wonder if this makes  a difference to the content. I subscribe to MMM which is a commercial magazine about motorhoming and I usually find many things of interest in it every month. I wouldn't subscribe directly to the Clubs magazine. Having said that I usually find something of interest in most issues. The trouble with magazine content is that one mans meat is another mans poison so probably unlikely to please everyone all the time. Like a lot of people I find a lot of the content a bit lightweight, especially the reviews. On the other hand I find the features that talk to CL owners and their customers quite interesting.

David

replied on 09/06/2018 22:40

Posted on 09/06/2018 22:05 by Bakers2

I used to read the magazine from cover to cover. Now I skim through but rarely read anything.  Seems very dumbed down to me. Little in the way of real interesting articles, reviews that really tell us nothing, decor nice πŸ˜‰ and seem to be aimed at the high end prices. Tips and help very basic. I love letters in publications but even these disappoint. 

Bit like EasyT unwrap, but flick through, before recycling.

Posted on 09/06/2018 22:40

Before I stopped reading it altogether, quite a few years back, I did open it for the letters but then these seemed fewer and of less interest. It is a long time since I even flicked through it. 

Not been the same though since Enroute disappeared. smile

Navigateur replied on 09/06/2018 23:36

Posted on 09/06/2018 23:36

Getting ready for the new breed of tourer explorer?   Dumb down everything below what would interest an eight year old.

Whoever it is that sells the advertising space must be the best in the industry.

Kontikiboy replied on 10/06/2018 13:11

Posted on 10/06/2018 13:11

My big beef with The Club mag' is the adverts.    The June mag has 140 pages, incl cover pages.      There are 70 advert pages, incl 17 classified ads at the back.     That is exactly 50%.    All making money for The Club!

C'mon club, you need to pull your finger out and focus on making the mag better with more relevant content.       Link this with the regular increases to annual subs.   I am not sure we are getting vfm.

The stats covering the massive increases in caravan and motorhome production speak for themselves, but the stats on more sites to house this increase of camping units are lacking.

How about The Club estates lead writing an article in the mag on the problems of adding new sites and why we have so many areas of the country where there are no sites at all.

BillC

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook