What have you seen

Oneputt replied on 13/12/2016 07:48

Posted on 13/12/2016 07:48

I can't see the original sticky so will start a new thread.  Saw nearly 30,000 knot on Breydon Water yesterday.  Great weekend at Minsmere, Otter, Kingfishers, Bitterns, lots of Marsh Harriers

Wherenext replied on 30/09/2022 19:35

Posted on 30/09/2022 19:35

As long as there's some nature around to admire it doesn't really matter what it is.πŸ‘ 

Walking back from Holkham Pinewoods to Wells alongside an ebbing tide we saw 3 Red Throated Divers, one of them a juvenile, and wondered if they were the same ones seen at Cley yesterday as they were heading west. Also a flying Kingfisher along the edge.

nelliethehooker replied on 30/09/2022 20:38

Posted on 30/09/2022 20:38

Walking along by the canal this afternoon there was another, or perhaps the same, Heron stood in a similar pose to the one yesterday, but at a different place and getting dripped upon rather than taking in the sunshine. On the Downs earlier we saw Wheatears, Corn Buntings and Stonechats and overhead another Red Kite.

nelliethehooker replied on 01/10/2022 20:12

Posted on 01/10/2022 20:12

Today the Heron was back to close to where I took the photo  the other day, so there must be a plentiful supply of food for it in this stretch of the canal. 

Saw this little fellow today on my afternoon walk, the caterpillar of the Pale Tussock Moth. 

nelliethehooker replied on 03/10/2022 19:36

Posted on 03/10/2022 19:36

Walking off track today through Moors Valley CP and spotted a Goldcrest, first I've seen this year. Then on my afternoon walk saw these, which I believe to be White Fobrecaps, unless anyone  knows otherwise.

mickysf replied on 03/10/2022 21:03

Posted on 03/10/2022 19:36 by nelliethehooker

Walking off track today through Moors Valley CP and spotted a Goldcrest, first I've seen this year. Then on my afternoon walk saw these, which I believe to be White Fobrecaps, unless anyone  knows otherwise.

Posted on 03/10/2022 21:03

Don’t know but it is the season for fun guys!πŸ„πŸ˜‰

Wherenext replied on 03/10/2022 22:35

Posted on 01/10/2022 20:12 by nelliethehooker

Today the Heron was back to close to where I took the photo  the other day, so there must be a plentiful supply of food for it in this stretch of the canal. 

Saw this little fellow today on my afternoon walk, the caterpillar of the Pale Tussock Moth. 

Posted on 03/10/2022 22:35

Hope Mrs N was as impressed as you were Nellie.

nelliethehooker replied on 04/10/2022 19:44

Posted on 03/10/2022 22:35 by Wherenext

Hope Mrs N was as impressed as you were Nellie.

Posted on 04/10/2022 19:44

I was on my own with Flyte, and she refused to look at the photo!😁

nelliethehooker replied on 04/10/2022 19:47

Posted on 03/10/2022 21:03 by mickysf

Don’t know but it is the season for fun guys!πŸ„πŸ˜‰

Posted on 04/10/2022 19:47

Certainly is, we saw lots of different varieties today in the Ferndown and Holt Woods.

RedKite replied on 05/10/2022 09:27

Posted on 05/10/2022 09:27

Birds certainly do strange things I was returning from the bin run and just came around a slight corner and in front was a Heron flying low along the road and so I moved car to the side nobody else about thankfully and it flew pass me and all I could see was its head and neck and gave me a quick look as it flew by then landed on the road behind me about 6ft away and as I passed a small local Lavoir there was another Heron already there hence the other wanting to get closer they certainly look big with their wingspan flying close to you.

We had friends here late afternoon and they said that their neighbour had left a outside door ajar and when he came back in there was a female deer sat on his floor near the fireplace and not bothered as he walked around it even said he could stoke it and thought a bit strange and then he had a friend from the village arrive and said it needs to go outside and the deer decided to try and get behind the log burner thankfully not in use so they manage to make it go outside it then sat down again and within a couple of minutes it died both men quite shocked and surprised at this never seen anything like it before.

Did have a Treecreeper going along the trunk of our large Oak tree and looked like it was taking small acorns and pushing them into the nooks of the tree and quite noisey, but have see Nuthatches do this but not Treecreepers.

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook