What have you seen

Oneputt replied on 13/12/2016 07:48

Posted on 13/12/2016 07:48

I can't see the original sticky so will start a new thread.  Saw nearly 30,000 knot on Breydon Water yesterday.  Great weekend at Minsmere, Otter, Kingfishers, Bitterns, lots of Marsh Harriers

ABM replied on 27/11/2017 15:49

Posted on 27/11/2017 15:49

Once  again  the  birds  have  ceased  gorging  at  the  A B M Caff  !!

It  seems  strange  but  whenever  the  temps  drop,  as  they  have  recently,  the  little  blighters  seem  to  change  their  feeding  habits  quite  dramatically.

I  reckon  when  it  gets  a  little  darker  tonight  I'll  wrap  up  and  do  a full  reappraisal  of  their  menu  !!  The  only  thing  that  is  certain  is  the  two  and  a  half  day  life  span  of  the  suet  slabs  in  the  'cage' type  feeder !!

B

P.S.

OP  how  did  your  camera  repair  go  please  ?  { I seem  to  recall  you  were  getting  ERROR   messages  that  you  could  not  clear }

Oneputt replied on 27/11/2017 16:49

Posted on 27/11/2017 16:49

Hi ABM, picked up the repaired camera today and apart from the wallet going ouch it seems ok.surprised  Had to have a new PCB.  It was a camera fault not Water ingress or being dropped.

After picking up camera went to Brandon and saw 9 x Parrot Crossbills then off to Lynford Arboretum and saw 4 x Hawfinches.  Good day all round.laughing

ABM replied on 27/11/2017 17:15

Posted on 27/11/2017 17:15

Glad  to  hear  you  are  back  on  "Clicking Good  Form"  then  OP laughing

Off  now  to  do  those  bird  feeder  jobs,  then  a  couple  of  sossidge  butties  for  the  Inner  Man  laughing

Wherenext replied on 27/11/2017 17:17

Posted on 27/11/2017 17:17

Only ever seen a pair of Parrot Croosbills once OP so lucky you. Saw them by the car park in those fir trees next to the car park at Wells front many years ago.

Where have this lot come from? Are they lost or have they set up shop? Anyway I thought you were in Norfolk.

Oneputt replied on 27/11/2017 17:36

Posted on 27/11/2017 17:36

Think they come in from Scandinavia.  There are Crossbills regularly at Lynford Arboretum.  We are currently at Barleywood, a lot of Thetford Forrest is still in Norfolk.

Oneputt replied on 29/11/2017 08:00

Posted on 29/11/2017 08:00

Parrot Crossbill at Santon Downham.  Apologies for poor quality but poor light, no sun, and distance to blame (my excuse anyway.  If they opportunity arises I will return and try again.

brue replied on 29/11/2017 16:16

Posted on 29/11/2017 16:16

One thing about winter is the lack of leaves giving you  better view. I've just been watching a little Goldcrest working it's way through some of the bare shrubs in our garden, a bit too dismal for a photo but nice to watch. smile

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook