Six Nations 2018

Bluemalaga replied on 12/02/2018 13:36

Posted on 12/02/2018 11:38 by moulesy

"The 2008 final will be between a small country and England with England prevailing ......"

2008? No wonder you get so many predictions spot on, K! wink

Posted on 12/02/2018 13:36

When was there ever a final played for this tournament. Isn't it just a league or have they changed the format?

Either way Ireland looked good didn't they? Puts our performance last week against Italy into perspective.

My heart says - 1 England  2 Ireland  3 Wales  4 France 5 Scotland and 6 Italy

But my head says it could be the other way round at the top.

Kennine replied on 12/02/2018 13:40

Posted on 12/02/2018 11:38 by moulesy

"The 2008 final will be between a small country and England with England prevailing ......"

2008? No wonder you get so many predictions spot on, K! wink

Posted on 12/02/2018 13:40

I did notice the typing error M, but by that time the CMC system had timed out before I could edit it.--- So I just left it to see if anybody would be pedantic enough to mention it wink

laughing

Extugger replied on 12/02/2018 14:21

Posted on 12/02/2018 14:21

Can't believe it! Another French surrender. A real feeling of deja-vu. 

Congratulations to Scotland on their victory on what turned out to be a most enjoyable first half, the second being littered with too many mistakes and misdemeanours (which ultimately cost the French)

Anyone who knows anything about rugby, understands you don't conceed penalties in your own half if Grieg Laidlaw is on the field. (It was the same with Gavin Hastings although he could slot them from within his own half) His kicking was immaculate and won the day for Scotland.

Even when he was tiring, a superb tactical substitution from Gregor Townsend switching him to fly-half, meant keeping the kicker on the pitch.

Everything set up nicely for a fortnights' time.

In reference to Wales' "disallowed" try, this from Jeremy Guscott....

Gareth Anscombe's disallowed try was a huge decision in England's win over Wales and the television match official Glenn Newman got that call wrong - but it wouldn't have been a try anyway.

The TMO should have been shown the action frame by frame, which would have revealed the ball was touched down by Wales full-back Anscombe - his fingers brush it before England wing Anthony Watson gets his hands on the ball - so the touchdown is good.

But if he had seen the play frame by frame, he would also have seen the ball hitting Wales winger Steff Evans' fingers in the build-up - so the try wouldn't have stood as it was a knock-on.

Fisherman replied on 14/02/2018 16:03

Posted on 14/02/2018 16:03

Robbed again. We would have won by 1 point if converted. As minority nation what else do we expect !!!

Extugger replied on 14/02/2018 18:30

Posted on 14/02/2018 16:03 by Fisherman

Robbed again. We would have won by 1 point if converted. As minority nation what else do we expect !!!

Posted on 14/02/2018 18:30

Surely not sour grapes Fish??

Fisherman replied on 14/02/2018 19:52

Posted on 14/02/2018 19:52

No not at all. Everyone makes a mistake. Unfortunately today it is highlighted. We accepted the result and look forward to the next game - IT is only a game.

Extugger replied on 19/02/2018 16:53

Posted on 19/02/2018 16:53

Just put the beer in the fridge ready for Friday/Saturday.

Cannot see any other results than wins for France, Ireland and England, with Ireland vs Wales being the closest game.

Why do the weekends take soooo long to come round?

Extugger replied on 22/02/2018 14:34

Posted on 22/02/2018 14:34

Not long now plus BIG Nate Hughes back at 8 for England. 

I can hear the wonderful tones of the late, great William Pollock McLaren, CBE the 'voice of rugby' in his best Hawick excited voice, (which always went a little higher when Scotland played England!)

"They'll be feeling that collision in Eden Park, I can tell you!"

Great man.

mickysf replied on 22/02/2018 16:28

Posted on 22/02/2018 14:34 by Extugger

Not long now plus BIG Nate Hughes back at 8 for England. 

I can hear the wonderful tones of the late, great William Pollock McLaren, CBE the 'voice of rugby' in his best Hawick excited voice, (which always went a little higher when Scotland played England!)

"They'll be feeling that collision in Eden Park, I can tell you!"

Great man.

Posted on 22/02/2018 16:28

Or Bill's remark about the late and great winger, Lomu.

“Now I’m not a hod man, but if I saw Jonah Lomu running at me I’d be putting down bricks, I’ll tell you.”smile

Both, sadly missed. 

Extugger replied on 22/02/2018 17:49

Posted on 22/02/2018 16:28 by mickysf

Or Bill's remark about the late and great winger, Lomu.

“Now I’m not a hod man, but if I saw Jonah Lomu running at me I’d be putting down bricks, I’ll tell you.”smile

Both, sadly missed. 

Posted on 22/02/2018 17:49

So true 👍😀

England could do with your namesake too! (Assuming the S is for Skinner 😀)

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook