6 Nations 2020

Extugger replied on 23/02/2020 06:35

Posted on 22/02/2020 22:12 by

Eddie Butler???  Do you mean “Eddie English” as he is called, so biased as he often was towards the English. But I do enjoy it when he and Brian Moore get a bit exasperated with one another – was BM not part of it today???? I cannot tell, and I cannot judge the commentary, as we watched in a bar on a Spanish campsite  (where no-one was remotely interested - there had been another match on screen, something played with a round ball, featuring Barcelona). Screened by the BBC, it was being relayed from France and the commentary – not that we could hear it  – was in French.

Agree though with your later post: there was no-one as good to listen to as Bill McLaren.

Posted on 23/02/2020 06:35

WTG - have you had one too many sherberts in your lovely Spanish site? 😀 Whoever and whenever England even look like conceding a point, his voice rises an octave or two in glorification of the impending try, especially if they're playing Wales! His affection for his home nation is admirable, as are his spats with Moore, which sadly are becoming fewer and fewer, as contracts to differing broadcasters change.

Wales certainly wouldn't have been "singing in the Valleys" quite as loudly as if they'd won but it takes two good sides to make a thrilling game, which it most certainly was. 

replied on 23/02/2020 08:21

Posted on 23/02/2020 06:35 by Extugger

WTG - have you had one too many sherberts in your lovely Spanish site? 😀 Whoever and whenever England even look like conceding a point, his voice rises an octave or two in glorification of the impending try, especially if they're playing Wales! His affection for his home nation is admirable, as are his spats with Moore, which sadly are becoming fewer and fewer, as contracts to differing broadcasters change.

Wales certainly wouldn't have been "singing in the Valleys" quite as loudly as if they'd won but it takes two good sides to make a thrilling game, which it most certainly was. 

Posted on 23/02/2020 08:21

The user and all related content has been deleted

Extugger replied on 23/02/2020 10:21

Posted on 23/02/2020 08:21 by

Possibly (probably) I did on this not-so-lovely site (but they serve a decent vino tinto) - drowning my sorrows.

BTW, did you mean Jonathan Davies ("Jiffy") when you wrote of the commentators?????

Posted on 23/02/2020 10:21

WTG.....maybe your vino tinto not quite as strong as my bottled Italian beer (or you handle it better!) - well spotted!! (Good to know someone who knows his commentators - Gareth Davies, Jonathon Edwards, Eddie McLaren, Bill Butler.....what's in a name eh?!)  laughinglaughing

ABM replied on 23/02/2020 17:18

Posted on 23/02/2020 17:18

Ooooh, In the words of Brucie Forsyth  === > Good Game, Good Game.

Well Brian is English  sealedinnocent

Tinwheeler replied on 23/02/2020 17:24

Posted on 23/02/2020 17:24

That was a cracker of a game and England have at last got their act together. I’d have said that even if the result had gone the other way. Two good sides. 👍🏻

ABM replied on 23/02/2020 17:42

Posted on 23/02/2020 17:42

Certain news (??) papers will be wearing big scarlet headlines for a while due to the slagging off they gave Eddie & his selections and changes. If todays England team was under performing, I'd hate to meet 'em when all was going well  innocent

Extugger replied on 23/02/2020 18:02

Posted on 23/02/2020 18:02

Good game at HQ today, with a first half performance more than overdue. And so another fortnight of head scratching

nelliethehooker replied on 23/02/2020 20:06

Posted on 23/02/2020 20:06

One great game which could have gone either way, one great result as Ireland weren't allowed to play by a resurgent England, and the third game was poor fair in comparison won by the better team however. Wonder how many France will win by in a couple of weeks time? Anyone willing to place a bet on the result of the England/Wales match?

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook