6 Nations 2020

mickysf replied on 01/02/2020 09:00

Posted on 01/02/2020 09:00

Just watching the sevens in Sydney, England beating Ireland. Nut the big games come later today. Wales and Scotland to win today? England tomorrow?

Extugger replied on 01/02/2020 09:54

Posted on 01/02/2020 09:54

Very much looking forward to the competition again, but have decided (after the World Cup final) to keep my predicitions to myself, albeit I only called one game incorrectly!

Being an Englishman, I'm very tempted to put £10 on Italy getting a draw today, at 80-1 wink

ABM replied on 01/02/2020 13:34

Posted on 01/02/2020 13:34

Excuse me , please, but can Brian have a glass or three of whatever you daft pair have been drinking wink ??

Thanking you in anticipation  tongue-out !!

Rocky 2 buckets replied on 01/02/2020 14:23

Posted on 01/02/2020 14:23

A most unpredictable tourno this year due to team changes, unpredictable I'm thinking. . .Happily👍🏻👏🏻👏🏻

Rocky 2 buckets replied on 01/02/2020 15:54

Posted on 01/02/2020 14:23 by Rocky 2 buckets

A most unpredictable tourno this year due to team changes, unpredictable I'm thinking. . .Happily👍🏻👏🏻👏🏻

Posted on 01/02/2020 15:54

Mmmm, apart from Italy☹️. Questions need asking about Italy & 6N’s-are they good enough?. 

ABM replied on 01/02/2020 17:43

Posted on 01/02/2020 17:43

Didn't we have this discussion last World Cup time Rocky ??

I seem to recall there was some chitchat about Italy being worse now than when they first joined the ' Nations, but there was no agreement about who could replace them, if, indeed, anybody.

Several of us were in favour of a 2nd tier competition with either automatic promotion / relegation or the sides playing off to see who is best today. Many different ways of earning a place in the "Top Tier " were proposed but nothing could be decided before tea time so ,, ,, ,, ,, ,, ,, ,,

nelliethehooker replied on 01/02/2020 18:53

Posted on 01/02/2020 18:53

Rather predictable results today. Wales winning by a large margin and Scotland shooting themselves in the foot again.....they seem to have forgotten to do the simple things, like keeping hold of the ball when crossing the line before putting it down!!

Rocky 2 buckets replied on 01/02/2020 19:02

Posted on 01/02/2020 17:43 by ABM

Didn't we have this discussion last World Cup time Rocky ??

I seem to recall there was some chitchat about Italy being worse now than when they first joined the ' Nations, but there was no agreement about who could replace them, if, indeed, anybody.

Several of us were in favour of a 2nd tier competition with either automatic promotion / relegation or the sides playing off to see who is best today. Many different ways of earning a place in the "Top Tier " were proposed but nothing could be decided before tea time so ,, ,, ,, ,, ,, ,, ,,

Posted on 01/02/2020 19:02

Maybe so muscles but the powers that be have ignored us. . .Again😱, how very dare they😤😤

mickysf replied on 01/02/2020 20:15

Posted on 01/02/2020 20:15

Not the most thrilling of opening days. Ireland v Scotland the better game but didn't Hogg make a pig's ear of 'it' don't you think? Shame really! Hope for more tomorrow.

Enjoying watching the sevens too over in Australia. Wonder if travelling restrictions may come to the fore in weeks to come and put a damper on this year long tournament and possibly the Olympics.

Extugger replied on 02/02/2020 07:29

Posted on 02/02/2020 07:29

I found the Wales' game incredibly boring and Yes, maybe it's time to rethink Italy's inclusion in the 6 Nations (as well as France, now we've left the EU wink) Maybe a 'European' side?

As much as I respect the Italians and admire their courage, it seems to be taking an awful long time for their acadamies to produce enough quality International players. 12 wins, 1 draw and 87 losses in 20 years of Six Nations is nothing to shout about. It's the sort of record any club's 4th XV would be proud of AND the reason we all played the game! But times have changed.

Scotland's woes continue. They matched or even out-played the Irish for most of the game, but ill-discipline and poor finishing cost them. Seems Gregor has the same problems on the field, as well as off it, but I for one applaud his stance in dealing with Mr Russell.

Is it me, or does anyone else feel for Andy Farrell? He's got a massive job on his hands replacing his geriatric side!

Let's hope for an entertaining game in Paris today.

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook