What would you like to have been up to today

DEBSC replied on 04/04/2020 12:47

Posted on 04/04/2020 12:47

Ok, so we have the Fantacy Tour section and let's face it none of us are really up to much. So what would we like to be doing today Here goes -  Lovely day so we are off to NT Hidcote Gardens, in the Cotswolds. Strangely there is hardly anyone here (I can't think why) firstly we walk through the beautiful gardens where all the plants are bursting into life. Then through the wooded part, where the trees are covered in tiny spring green leaves and the blue bells are just coming out. On to the open space where we can see right across the Cotswold hills. The young lambs are calling to their mothers as they then run to suckle. On to the vegetable garden, where the volunteers are planting out young vegetables from the greenhouse. Now off to the tea garden, we might even have cake today as they have slices of Victoria Sponge that are calorie free!

brue replied on 04/04/2020 13:21

Posted on 04/04/2020 13:21

Great minds think alike Corners and DEBSC...about a nice cake with a coffee or tea. laughing

But really, I'd like to see the family, meet up with them somewhere or just sit in the garden...our son and family should have been with us next week. cry

Other than that, I'd like to see the sea and feel a nice sea breeze on my face. 🌞

trellis replied on 04/04/2020 13:44

Posted on 04/04/2020 13:44

The usual Saturday morning chores in town , meeting up with an old friend , having a coffee and talking a load of rubbish .πŸ˜€πŸ˜€

moulesy replied on 04/04/2020 13:47

Posted on 04/04/2020 13:47

We would probably also have been in the Cotswolds up near Cirencester. Starting a walk with the dogs from Sapperton along the Macmillan Way past Pinbury Park and on along the lanes to the tiny village of Edgeworth. Stop at the lovely church and sit in the sun for a coffee and biscuit break. Back along the lanes past the Polo Fields and down the Daneway back to the village. Sit in the garden at The Bell for one of their delicious lunches and a pint or two of Old Spot. Then back down to the cricket club (me) for an afternoon watching the game or browsing the shops in the town (Mrs M).

In fact, that's almost certainly exactly what we were doing on this day last year when we had the van at Cirencester Park.  smile

Rocky 2 buckets replied on 04/04/2020 14:04

Posted on 04/04/2020 14:04

Up in Dalby Forest-North Yorkshire, a big circular hike over the Bridestones circular to blow the winter cobwebs away. To walk thru acres of trees, over brooks & down into deep valleys. Sharing space with family & friends, trees & spring flowers. . .SighπŸ˜•

Takethedogalong replied on 04/04/2020 14:16

Posted on 04/04/2020 14:16

We tend not to go out anywhere on Saturdays and Sundays during normal times, leave it to the families and Mon-Fri workers. So, other than the horror of the situation the World finds itself enduring, my chosen Saturday is actually happening. I am at home, in the garden, the sun is shining, we are sat outside having lunch, all the house chores are done, so this afternoon I can potter about, pond cleaning, plant poking and send spreading, with our favourite meal of Mac Cheese planned for tea!

The only thing that I would really like to so tomorrow, another fantasy day, is see my Mum and Sister, have a meal all together and a good laugh!😁

replied on 04/04/2020 14:21

Posted on 04/04/2020 14:21

The user and all related content has been Deleted User

Tammygirl replied on 04/04/2020 14:39

Posted on 04/04/2020 14:39

A bit like TDA, nothing changed for us, I would normally be in the garden if its dry (it is) then go for a walk this afternoon. 

The one thing I would be doing that I'm not just now, is getting the caravan ready for going to Spain. frown

I would love to be discussing with OH where we are going to make our stops and what we will be doing once there. 

Seeing the grandkids would be nice but not something we would be doing anyway with them all living so far awayfrown

Rocky 2 buckets replied on 04/04/2020 14:50

Posted on 04/04/2020 14:16 by Takethedogalong

We tend not to go out anywhere on Saturdays and Sundays during normal times, leave it to the families and Mon-Fri workers. So, other than the horror of the situation the World finds itself enduring, my chosen Saturday is actually happening. I am at home, in the garden, the sun is shining, we are sat outside having lunch, all the house chores are done, so this afternoon I can potter about, pond cleaning, plant poking and send spreading, with our favourite meal of Mac Cheese planned for tea!

The only thing that I would really like to so tomorrow, another fantasy day, is see my Mum and Sister, have a meal all together and a good laugh!😁

Posted on 04/04/2020 14:50

There’s not a day I rule out for the Forest TDAπŸ‘πŸ». Dalby(as you’ll know) is plenty big enough to fit everyone in without getting in each other’s way. Most the mon-fri workers hang out at the beginning of the forest near the visitor centre I head thru to staindaleπŸ‘πŸ»

KjellNN replied on 04/04/2020 14:53

Posted on 04/04/2020 14:53

We have been used to seeing DD and family almost every day lately, so really missing them, especially my "little helper".

At the moment however, we should have been in N.E. Scotland at the second site of our planned trip. We would have been doing some NT visits and eating lunch out every so often, getting plenty of fresh air.

Not nice enough at the moment to get out in the garden, but that is something we would like to be doing soon, also some outside painting.

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook