What are you all up to

Oneputt replied on 13/12/2016 07:57

Posted on 13/12/2016 07:57

Got back from Fisher Field yesterday after a great weekend away.  Downside is van is filthy bit that will have to wait, more important jollities to enjoytongue-out House more or less decorated although not bothering with outside

richardandros replied on 19/04/2024 07:17

Posted on 19/04/2024 07:17

Wonderful photos moulesy  - that holiday is one you're not going to forget - for many reasons.

DK - David - thank you for your reassuring words - I'm sure he'll be fine.  Was just a bit of a shock for something like that to happen to someone who appeared to be in peak health and fitness.  None of us know what's round the corner.

moulesy replied on 19/04/2024 12:41

Posted on 19/04/2024 12:41

My last day in Krakow, but the flight back to Bristol is not until late afternoon. So a chance to walk around the city and pick up a few more images.

The city used to be surrounded by city walls and a moat, but these were largely destroyed and filled in during the 18th century. The moat is now a lovely park in which you can walk around the whole perimeter of the city.

In the old university building is a clock which, on odd hours, plays a musical march accompanied by a procession of model knights and cardinals. Nothing like as impressive as the clock in Prague (or even Wells) but still a big tourist attraction.

Then I walked back up to Wawel Hill to look around the cathedral there and, from the tower you get a great view back over the city.

And finally back to the city square and this peculiar sculpture called "Eros Bound" (must have a story behind it but haven't been able to discover it yet.

Now back at the hotel waiting for the airport bus, won't get home till late and can't quite decide who will have missed me most - Mrs M or the dogs!laughing

DEBSC replied on 19/04/2024 15:12

Posted on 19/04/2024 15:12

Moulesy, At 18 years old OHs grandad was in the Lancashire Fusiliers he was gassed and captured by the Germans in the 1st World War and sent to work in that salt mine in Wieliczka (Silesia) he was there for 4 years, treated very badly. But it did probably save his life. He always said that his very bad feet was caused by having to wear clogs and the work down there. OH has been there years ago. So it was very interesting to see your photos of it now. He was a really lovely gentle man.

KjellNN replied on 19/04/2024 17:12

Posted on 19/04/2024 17:12

It has been a better day here in Kendal, less rain and more sun, but a chilly wind.    The site has filled up quite a bit for the weekend, twice as many MHs as caravans.

Had to partly empty the car boot to fill the Adblue, fortunately got it done before the latest rain shower.   Car now filled up for the trip home on Sunday.  

Today we drove west a bit and also dropped in at the Portmerion/Colony Candles outlet shop to pick up some gifts for birthdays and Christmas.   Not usually there until at least July, so not so much Christmas stuff as usual, and prices seem to have increased quite a bit since last year.

No plans as yet for tomorrow, might venture to one of the local farm shops and cafe for lunch, but could be very busy being a Saturday.

Goldie146 replied on 19/04/2024 17:48

Posted on 19/04/2024 17:12 by KjellNN

It has been a better day here in Kendal, less rain and more sun, but a chilly wind.    The site has filled up quite a bit for the weekend, twice as many MHs as caravans.

Had to partly empty the car boot to fill the Adblue, fortunately got it done before the latest rain shower.   Car now filled up for the trip home on Sunday.  

Today we drove west a bit and also dropped in at the Portmerion/Colony Candles outlet shop to pick up some gifts for birthdays and Christmas.   Not usually there until at least July, so not so much Christmas stuff as usual, and prices seem to have increased quite a bit since last year.

No plans as yet for tomorrow, might venture to one of the local farm shops and cafe for lunch, but could be very busy being a Saturday.

Posted on 19/04/2024 17:48

Our cousins have a very popular farm shop Low Sizergh.

And there is currently a farm walk/exhibition with photographs from the Forty Farms book. We are on one the boards near the shop entrance. https://www.lowsizerghbarn.co.uk/farm-trail/forty-farms-outdoor-exhibition-trail/

Of course other farm shops are available!

Bakers2 replied on 19/04/2024 18:25

Posted on 19/04/2024 18:25

So we're continuing having April showers, odd bright spells but generally grey, very chilly wind. Showers are welcome in our garden for the treated grass and newly laid turf. However only for another week! DIL managing to get her crops in, last should be done as soon as the weather allows.

Moulsey, I enjoyed your photos, but I don't have the courage to visit the camps. I remember seeing shoes, I'm sure they were in Coventry cathedral,  from the camps and that small display and was overwhelming. It should never be forgotten. But I fear 'lessons' have not been learnt.

RichardandRos I do hope your grandson adapts to his diagnosis.  A big shock to all, but from what I read the treatment has progressed in so many ways.

Goldie good to know your cows are out out. I hope other news is on the brighter side.

I'm having a very lazy few days, bare essentials only as I'm feeling below par but nothing awful.

Belated birthday greeting HelenandTrevor. 

Apologises for anyone I've missed, I have enjoyed reading all your posts. Sadly we've lost so many posters 😢

nelliethehooker replied on 19/04/2024 22:00

Posted on 19/04/2024 22:00

A beautiful sunny day, warm in the sunshine but the wind was still rather chilly. We visited Culzean Castle and Estate today, having a good walk around before lunch before going into the Castle with another short walk to the Home Farm after that. Both the castle and the farm buildings were designed by Robert Adams. The armoury in the entrance hall is most impressive as are Adam's ceilings although the feel of the interior is of the Victorian era, and really to our living. The grounds are very well laid out with numerous interesting features. The photos are of the Powder House, the Camilia House, which was once the Orangery, the "Ruined" Arch, Swan Lake and one wall of the Entrance Hall.

DSB replied on 19/04/2024 22:33

Posted on 19/04/2024 22:33

A rather mixed weather day here, Nellie.  Unusually, we are away in the caravan over the weekend - a rare Sunday off for me.  We're at a little site near Northwich.... Elm Cottage Touring Site.  Had a lovely pizza cooked on their outdoor pizza oven.  Tomorrow is E & P day....  Booked in at A & E Leisure for the installation of an E & P levelling system on the caravan....

David

Goldie146 replied on 20/04/2024 10:47

Posted on 20/04/2024 10:47

Our TB test yesterday was not totally good news. We still had 2 reactors and a few Inconclusives, so we are still locked down. But the trend is good - a lot less than last time. The next full herd test will be in 60 days, and there may be some additional blood tests before then. We feeling more positive than a few months ago.

For now we are looking forward to better weather - spreading muck, and letting more stock out.

And, tonight (and tomorrow) we are seeing one of our favourite bands - Oysterband. They have so much to give us that they are performing on two nights - songs from 4 decades. Too late for anyone else to buy tickets! Sold out!

RedKite replied on 20/04/2024 12:25

Posted on 20/04/2024 12:25

Great photos Nth and the willow sculptures are amazing.

A busy day here washing done car washed and will be packed tomorrow before we make our way to UK seems strange no white box behind us but will be a change.

Weather has improved yesterday wall to wall sunshine and nearly 20C and about the same today but we have had a frost yesterday morning so some plants not looking very well so hope no more frosts.

Slightly better news Goldie146 and hope for better on next tests and enjoy the band.

Have a good weekend folks.

Near Malvern Hills Club Campsite by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook