What are you all up to

Oneputt replied on 13/12/2016 07:57

Posted on 13/12/2016 07:57

Got back from Fisher Field yesterday after a great weekend away.  Downside is van is filthy bit that will have to wait, more important jollities to enjoytongue-out House more or less decorated although not bothering with outside

Rocky 2 buckets replied on 21/01/2022 15:45

Posted on 21/01/2022 15:41 by JVB66

It is the same round here when it is the "school run" times but it is not their fault? ,there should be more parking?,their wordswink

Posted on 21/01/2022 15:45

‘Their words’ did you stand outside the School & question them JV?🤔

Rocky 2 buckets replied on 21/01/2022 16:04

Posted on 21/01/2022 15:50 by JVB66

No need it is when they block garages in our road and the neighbouring roads ,And said to the local newspaper hackcool

Posted on 21/01/2022 16:04

OK, thanks-you read it in your local paper👍🏻

milliehull replied on 21/01/2022 20:01

Posted on 21/01/2022 20:01

I am so pleased that the funeral went well WN and that you were all there to support your brother. Wishing you a safe journey home.

I had a phone call early this morning from a fellow guiding friend to say he had been up night with a stomach bug and please would I cover his guided tour of the Cathedral this morning so our planned walk was cancellled. I had a good crowd for the tour and the Cathedral was very busy with people visiting the 'Made in Lockdown' exhibition. It has been dry here but very cold with not much sun. 

nelliethehooker replied on 21/01/2022 20:40

Posted on 21/01/2022 20:40

Have a safe journey home, WN. Good to read that you had a pleasant meet up after the funeral.

Sorry to hear of your problems with the heater in your van, Richard. Hope that the dealer is able to sort it out. We seem to be having a problem with the charging of the leisure battery which I will have to get sorted one way or another before we get home as we need the mover to get the van onto it's parking spot.

Millie, well done with stepping in to take the tour today. You must be getting well versed with them now.

We went to Hardwood House today, missing out the house tour but having a good time on the walks through the gardens and around the lake and the park.

brue replied on 22/01/2022 11:43

Posted on 22/01/2022 11:43

I was tempted to ask if Chipboard Palace was open too Nellie....wink 

Good to hear someone is out and about enjoying places. The Brues are mostly stuck at home.

Yet another very cold day, we have had some low overnight temps so things don't really warm up, our area between seems to have it's own weather system.

Millie, what were some of the lockdown projects like? Thinking back we were quite industrious at home and got jobs done inside and out. This year I fear will not see such efforts!

Takethedogalong replied on 22/01/2022 12:04

Posted on 22/01/2022 12:04

I had a look online brue, looks very interesting. We have done all sorts of lockdown things, a bit out of the norm for us. Lots of creativity, plenty of gardening, and some challenging DIY (unless your name is Kjell). Next up, we are putting in a new shower base and cubicle🙏 Then I want a new step in front of house, into garden. The dog needs a new purpose designed bed,….🤔 

milliehull replied on 22/01/2022 13:21

Posted on 22/01/2022 13:21

Brue there is some wonderful exhibits in the Lockdown exhibition. Paintings, mosiacs. Photography, needlework, sculptures. I did another tour today. One of the ladies has been reading Hilary Mantel so probably knew more about Katherine of Aragon than I do!  Bitterly cold here today but wall to wall sunshine.

Takethedogalong replied on 22/01/2022 14:57

Posted on 22/01/2022 14:57

Is the Kof A ceremony going ahead this year Millie? 
I thought of you this morning, found some sweet pea seeds I bought from Easton Walled Garden. That seems ages ago now.😁

milliehull replied on 22/01/2022 15:04

Posted on 22/01/2022 14:57 by Takethedogalong

Is the Kof A ceremony going ahead this year Millie? 
I thought of you this morning, found some sweet pea seeds I bought from Easton Walled Garden. That seems ages ago now.😁

Posted on 22/01/2022 15:04

Yes it is TDA. Full programme going ahead this year 👍. Best of luck with your sweet pea seeds.

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook