What are you all up to

Oneputt replied on 13/12/2016 07:57

Posted on 13/12/2016 07:57

Got back from Fisher Field yesterday after a great weekend away.  Downside is van is filthy bit that will have to wait, more important jollities to enjoytongue-out House more or less decorated although not bothering with outside

moulesy replied on 16/04/2021 12:11

Posted on 16/04/2021 12:08 by Takethedogalong

One of our favourite walks as well M, really interesting. We used to go for a swim, then climb back up onto cliffs, there’s a lovely little hidden sun trap comprising old mine working walls, off the main paths. Spent hours there dolphin and seal watching. Is the “Hedgehog Ice cream” hut still there? I can taste a Croque Rosemary now😋

Ginsters do turn out a Cheese Pasty, but it’s only for the brave😂 Philps however do a delicious version👍

Posted on 16/04/2021 12:11

Yes, the cafe was doing a roaring trade at Chapel Porth yesterday, very long, socially distanced queue. Still a bit too cold for a hedgehog, but that'll certainly be on the order next time we're down in May. 👍

KjellNN replied on 16/04/2021 12:12

Posted on 16/04/2021 12:12

Another sunny day, but still quite cold in the air.  We had a bit of a change of plan for this week, did not have our planned "days off".

We have an old Alton cedar wood greenhouse that we have been trying to give away for a few years as it needs a bit of repair and we no longer use it, and last week DD put it on her local facebook forum and we now have people coming to dismantle and remove it on Sunday.

Then the unexpected change of restrictions is allowing us to visit our son and family on Saturday, so we are now having today and the weekend off instead.

Will need to move the caravan for the GH to be extracted, which may be a bit of a problem as we found this after the bin lorry was here on Tuesday........

Right in the middle where we usually take the van over.

KjellNN replied on 16/04/2021 12:15

Posted on 16/04/2021 12:15

We have reported it and the man with the yellow spray paint has now been yesterday and marked it up, but I very much doubt it will be repaired today!

KjellNN replied on 16/04/2021 14:17

Posted on 16/04/2021 14:17

Busy day....OH has been doing multiple loads of laundry using the power from the roof, and I have been out repairing  the  burst pipe to our outside tap and cutting back our neighbour's clematis that was trying to take over the steps up to the garden.

This afternoon I will finally have time to replace the strip lights in the caravan with LED ones, and try to plan how I am going to manage to move it out onto the street on Sunday morning.

ABM replied on 16/04/2021 16:03

Posted on 16/04/2021 12:15 by KjellNN

We have reported it and the man with the yellow spray paint has now been yesterday and marked it up, but I very much doubt it will be repaired today!

Posted on 16/04/2021 16:03

Be very careful ~~  if it's the same 'yellow'  colour they just might  come and put a " NO PARKING " sign by it !!  undecided

Rufs replied on 16/04/2021 16:07

Posted on 16/04/2021 16:07

Busy cleaning out the inside of the caravan today, surprising what you find tucked away under bunks in drawers, receipts from 2010 for sites we visited, site maps, brochures for all the local areas, TV and associated gear under bunks that has not been out since Charles/Diana were married, brand new water pump that i had forgotten about and have since bought another.

Also polished and dusted all the woodwork under the bunks and up above, have to say Coachman in 2008 did produce some good vans, and most of ours is original, we did get new carpets at great expense and now we have washable runners over the carpetsundecided the only problem we have really is that it is a 5 berth and although it gives you the space and some slack on weight you carry it does mean you carry stuff you really dont need, and it is a lump to tug.

4th May and we are off to Dorset for 2 weeks, really looking forward to it, just hope the weather holds up, April has been glorious thus far, fingers crossed for May. Cut the lawn yesterday but the ground is so dry and cracked, no rain for ages.

Enjoy all those who are still away, a little bit envious but got 2nd jab next week so could not have gone far , did consider Rooksbury park as only 30 mins from home and the surrounding woods will be very dry just now so ok for walking but decided to wait.

KjellNN replied on 16/04/2021 16:25

Posted on 16/04/2021 16:25

OH just got her "blue envelope"....second vaccination on the 23rd.  Just 5 days before her 12 weeks is up.

Wherenext replied on 16/04/2021 16:37

Posted on 16/04/2021 16:37

and try to plan how I am going to manage to move it out onto the street on Sunday morning.

KjellNN, you must have a large plank of wood that would cover that drain area and looking at it surely you just need to get the Jockey wheel over it as there looks sufficient room for the wheels to miss going over that spot.

Had an easy drive back today, taking just over an hour. Unpacked before lunch, Mrs WN reports three lots of washing done, dried and some now waiting Ironing. Lovely day again, if nippy out of the sun.

Had to visit Tesco at a time not of our choosing as we needed food for the weekend but it was manageable. Enjoyed the time away but won't be taking the van away now for another 3 weeks. Good luck to those away, about to go away and desperate to be away.smile

Looks like it's going to be washing the caravan day tomorrow.

Cornersteady replied on 16/04/2021 19:47

Posted on 16/04/2021 19:47

A sunny day but a cold wind too. A bike ride just to the Tyne in the morning for breakfast followed by a car ride to Whitley bay in the afternoon for an outdoor cake and coffee. Then a walk along to St Mary's Island. Half way along the causeway my phone connects to the New Hartley site Wifi! Must be a strong signal! What is it a quarter of a mile or more?

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook