What are you all up to

Oneputt replied on 13/12/2016 07:57

Posted on 13/12/2016 07:57

Got back from Fisher Field yesterday after a great weekend away.  Downside is van is filthy bit that will have to wait, more important jollities to enjoytongue-out House more or less decorated although not bothering with outside

Francis replied on 12/04/2021 13:05

Posted on 12/04/2021 13:05

Lovely sunny day here today. Got my 2nd vaccine this morning got the first one at the beginning of Feb so not quite 12 weeks but I’m not complaining. Hope I am not ill all day tomorrow as I was with the first one but apparently the side effects of the 2nd dose aren’t as bad 

KjellNN replied on 12/04/2021 16:04

Posted on 12/04/2021 16:04

I had my second vaccine on Friday, no side effects at all this time.  Our son also had the AZ vaccine last week with no ill effects.

We have had several days of sunny weather, but also a couple of snowfalls, though it melted pretty much immediately.

Still keeping busy at DD's house, OH doing washing, dishwashing and baby walking while I get on with working through "the list".

We are having Wednesday and Thursday off to do stuff at home instead

ABM replied on 12/04/2021 18:25

Posted on 12/04/2021 18:25

Glad to hear that it's looking good for the Family KjellNN as far as the vaccine goes smile but please remember you are not Yet Immortal !!

Gloriously sunny here in Crewe, but some 'orrible great clouds out there and temperatures now slowly dropping.

Neighbour ( across the road ) has turned up at last -- he is normally absent for long stretches working in East Anglia but this time he was fighting for his life but successfully so !  Just serves as a reminder to us old fogies that the younger ones, often with no symptoms at all, can be taken so very poorly just like that !

DEBSC replied on 12/04/2021 18:54

Posted on 12/04/2021 18:54

Our local news is showing pictures of traffic queuing on the M5 into the South West today. We are already getting very busy here. Rates dropping here, just lets hope people still act responsibly.     I failed to get a hairdressing appointment this week or next, I'm first in the 'any cancellation queue',  but won't hold my breath.

Wherenext replied on 12/04/2021 19:09

Posted on 12/04/2021 19:09

Had an easy drive down to Welshpool to our next CL this morning and were met by 2 Pygmy Goats as we entered the premises. Friendly enough if a little wary of strangers but fine when the owner is present.

The CL is in a beautiful location but is 1 mile down single track farm road. However it's not used by anyone who doesn't want to be along it, like a cut through for example. We're billy no mates for a couple of days before others join in.

There were quite a few outfits on the roads this morning but I expected a few more,

Had a lovely 5 mile walk after lunch along the old Montgomery canal. It's nice being able to walk out from site.

Think we'll enjoy it here as there are Barn, Little and Tawny owls in the immediate area plus a few Swallows have just arrived.

Hope any one else on the road such as Moulesy arrived safe and sound.

moulesy replied on 12/04/2021 20:26

Posted on 12/04/2021 20:26

Thanks, WN. Yes we had an easy journey down, seems it paid to leave early  (6am) and down here by 9:30 including a breakfast stop at Victoria Services, a first for us, not as good as the garden centre just round the corner, but they're still not open yet (the cafe). Friends on site who also came down today were not so lucky and got held up  your a jack knifed lorry on the A30.

Quick unpack and then up to Penhale Dunes where Ralph decided a spot of gymnastics was in order (fortunately avoiding all the fix poo!) and then on to the beach at low tide this afternoon. Think we've just about tired the two dogs out (and the two humans to be honest) but doubtless they'll be up bright and early in the morning. smile

moulesy replied on 12/04/2021 20:33

Posted on 12/04/2021 20:29 by Wherenext

How long are you staying for M?

Posted on 12/04/2021 20:33

Here for almost a fortnight, then home for both of us to visit the hairdressers (barber in my case). A week at home then we've got our cottage up near Matlock which was intended for the cancelled Irish Setter Rescue walk last year. It's obviously been cancelled again this year as well, so we'll have to do our own sponsored walk and send a donation. smile

Wherenext replied on 12/04/2021 21:13

Posted on 12/04/2021 21:13

Shame as we'll just miss you. We're taking MiL to a cottage near Bakewell for 4 nights at the end of this month as she has had both of her cottage visits from last year cancelled so we arranged a short break for her. We'll be home before you arrive. 

Enjoy it your fortnight away. Just the 4 nights again for us this week.

nelliethehooker replied on 12/04/2021 21:32

Posted on 11/04/2021 22:44 by Takethedogalong

It’s a good job you didn’t mix those two up Nellie...Bath the car, and wax the dog🤪Safe travels for your next tour, we are off as well soon, jabs permitting.

Posted on 12/04/2021 21:32

The way predictive text works on this Kindle it's a wonder I didn't.kisslaughing

Do you have a date for your next jabs, and where are you planning to visit?

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook