What are you all up to

Oneputt replied on 13/12/2016 07:57

Posted on 13/12/2016 07:57

Got back from Fisher Field yesterday after a great weekend away.  Downside is van is filthy bit that will have to wait, more important jollities to enjoytongue-out House more or less decorated although not bothering with outside

triky auto replied on 13/02/2019 16:52

Posted on 13/02/2019 16:52

wink At last  i have the 'Concorde' back !!  Lots of outstanding jobs caught up with including the M.O.T works .But one strange thing that has caused a problem in the past ,the air suspension defects ,turned out to be the ECU control associated with it .The cover had been infiltrated by a mouse which had made it's nest for the winter ,and decided to eat the plastic on cables  for it's meals !! BEWARE where you store your 'van !!

Goldie146 replied on 13/02/2019 17:32

Posted on 13/02/2019 17:32

We took delivery of a new mattress yesterday - deep and firm with a soft topper built in. The only problem is my short legs. Our bed is quite high to start with (wooden slats), and I was struggling to even sit on the bed. But many years ago in an old caravan we had a wooden upturned box to stand the Porta Potti on.  Never having been thrown out (it looked useful), it’s saved the day and I don’t have to take a run up and jump into bed. 

It was that or a plastic step up last used by grandchildren.

Bakers2 replied on 13/02/2019 19:03

Posted on 13/02/2019 19:03

Phew what a long day! Managed to keep busy until about 3pm. Knew OH went down about 0830 expected phone call from 1400 onwards. Couldn't contain myself much after 1545. Told he was on the ITU ward his nurse would phone 10-15 minutes. Took 45 minutes, even my jigsaw couldn't totally distract me. Upshot critical but stable and closely monitored,  exactly as they told me it would be afterwards.

Son on his way to stay, he said it was a day for clock watching, unusual for him he's usually full on whilst at work! We're not visiting tonight but have a direct line to phone the ward anytime. 

Thanks for all your thoughts from us both.

Feeling exhausted, for a change! So best to everyone 

JVB66 replied on 13/02/2019 19:51

Posted on 13/02/2019 19:03 by Bakers2

Phew what a long day! Managed to keep busy until about 3pm. Knew OH went down about 0830 expected phone call from 1400 onwards. Couldn't contain myself much after 1545. Told he was on the ITU ward his nurse would phone 10-15 minutes. Took 45 minutes, even my jigsaw couldn't totally distract me. Upshot critical but stable and closely monitored,  exactly as they told me it would be afterwards.

Son on his way to stay, he said it was a day for clock watching, unusual for him he's usually full on whilst at work! We're not visiting tonight but have a direct line to phone the ward anytime. 

Thanks for all your thoughts from us both.

Feeling exhausted, for a change! So best to everyone 

Posted on 13/02/2019 19:51

Best wishes B2 ,even with my minor op compared to your OH,the care and dedication shown by the whole cardiac team,was wonderful ,so i am sure he is getting the best care there is ,and has every thing done to help his recovery

brue replied on 13/02/2019 19:54

Posted on 13/02/2019 19:54

Well that's Day One B2, do hope you get a good night and things go well for your OH. Will be thinking about you.

Takethedogalong replied on 13/02/2019 20:07

Posted on 13/02/2019 20:07

Sounds as though all has gone well B, if it’s any consolation I finally got to see my OH at midnight after dropping him off at 7.00am for his last operation last year. But the relief of just seeing him was priceless. Hope things go well the next few days, look after yourself as well.

Have a good trip M!

Lovely day in garden today, it was so warm I was out in just a t shirt until late in afternoon, 15c, way too warm for February. Lots of things coming up now. I found a little pot of Frittilaries I planted last Autumn, they are putting through shoots. First Daffy out,  lots of other bulbs showing. OH was busy washing car and has done MH as well. Hospital tomorrow with Mum, something to do with remedial work to a lens that has moved after cataract op few years ago.

Near Malvern Hills Club Campsite by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook