What are you all up to

Oneputt replied on 13/12/2016 07:57

Posted on 13/12/2016 07:57

Got back from Fisher Field yesterday after a great weekend away.  Downside is van is filthy bit that will have to wait, more important jollities to enjoytongue-out House more or less decorated although not bothering with outside

cyberyacht replied on 11/02/2019 17:57

Posted on 11/02/2019 17:57

A busy day. There new bathroom is finally installed following the arrival of the loo today. There'll be a reduction in my daily steps though as I shan't have to keep trekking downstairs in the night!

Caught bus into town to buy 40th birthday present for DD. Stella by McCartney. I almost made the mistake of a six pack from that other purveyor.

Managed to arrange some travel insurance at a realistic price through the bank and then spent the remainder of the afternoon painting the bathroom door frame. All in all a good days work.

Wherenext replied on 11/02/2019 18:38

Posted on 11/02/2019 18:06 by moulesy

"Caught bus into town to buy 40th birthday present for DD."

That Dorset Diver's been lying to you about his age, CY! wink

Posted on 11/02/2019 18:38

But it should be fun to see him in the McCartney outfit.laughing

Wherenext replied on 11/02/2019 18:46

Posted on 11/02/2019 18:46

Waved goodbye to Nellie and Mrs NTH this morning. It was grand seeing them again.

Took ourselves off to Chevin CP, sitting above the town of Otley, for a stroll and to admire the views across towards Simons Seat above Bolton Abbey and Almscliffe Crag near to our CL. Wonderful weather. Dropped into Otley for an hour afterwards then home for coffee before setting out again up the lanes to aforementioned Crag to take some photos that Mrs WN wants for tonal drawings. Saw a Barn Owl working the road verges further on towards the village of Stainburn. Lovely sunset. Can understand DKs comment about Spring but we are wise to the weathers ways!

milliehull replied on 11/02/2019 20:47

Posted on 11/02/2019 20:47

Bakers2, Good to hear that your OH has his operation planned for Wednesday. I hope his transfer went as planned today and that all goes well.  I am sure it will be an anxious week for you both but he is in good hands.  Hopefully you will soon have him back home with you and he can start his recovery.  Good to know also that you had company over the weekend.  It must have given you a lift to have your son and grand-dog with you for a few days and also that you felt well enough to get some household jobs done today. I will be thinking of you during this coming week, as I am sure will lots of others on here.  Keep us posted when  you can.

nelliethehooker replied on 11/02/2019 20:55

Posted on 11/02/2019 18:46 by Wherenext

Waved goodbye to Nellie and Mrs NTH this morning. It was grand seeing them again.

Took ourselves off to Chevin CP, sitting above the town of Otley, for a stroll and to admire the views across towards Simons Seat above Bolton Abbey and Almscliffe Crag near to our CL. Wonderful weather. Dropped into Otley for an hour afterwards then home for coffee before setting out again up the lanes to aforementioned Crag to take some photos that Mrs WN wants for tonal drawings. Saw a Barn Owl working the road verges further on towards the village of Stainburn. Lovely sunset. Can understand DKs comment about Spring but we are wise to the weathers ways!

Posted on 11/02/2019 20:55

It was great to see you both again. Sounds as it you had a good day without us, shame!!wink

Easy drive up to CC's White Water Park site today. Only about 30 vans at the moment, and the surprising thing, having read lots of post about how popular Serviced Pitches are, is that none were occupied when we arrived and only 1 has a caravan on tonight!! Found out that there's a rally on site this weekend but we managed to select a pitch at the other end of the site from the pitches allocated to them.

nelliethehooker replied on 11/02/2019 21:33

Posted on 11/02/2019 21:33

Glad that you've managed to sort out your insurance, CY, and that your new loo's in place.

Best Wishes to B2 OH, JVB and not forgetting David DSB

Just has a very nice phone call confirming another CL booking. Owners are at present up at Braemar on a short trip to take in some skiing. Wonderful things these diverted calls are!! 

brue replied on 12/02/2019 10:08

Posted on 12/02/2019 10:08

That's ok, it raised a smile. laughing Hope your daughter enjoys her birthday. smile

Frosty start to the day here, OH left before 7am to go fishing, brrr.

Visiting dog arriving later in the day for a couple of overnight stays, daughter coming here for a meal tonight. Trying to use my indoor time to clear some things out. Took some stuff to the charity shop yesterday but defeated the object by buying some old wine glasses from the same shop! 

Takethedogalong replied on 12/02/2019 13:47

Posted on 12/02/2019 13:47

‘Twas ever thus with charity shops brue! 

I am off to do more wallpapering today, hopefully get it finished. We are doing it for Mum’s 90th birthday, brand new bedroom, but some of her lovely old furniture. All labelled up so she can find things. She’s chosen most of the things, was a fabulous painter and decorator in her more mobile years. Taught us all sorts of little tricks. Good to be sharing a little project with her. 

MH has just rolled off drive for some new tyres, so will need a good wash and polish, inside given a polish and then all set to roll for our next trip. It’s been a lovely sunny day here so far, but cold at night. If it stays dry, I might cut our lawn tomorrow, then I can rake out a bit of moss and feed it.😁

Near Malvern Hills Club Campsite by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook