What are you all up to

Oneputt replied on 13/12/2016 07:57

Posted on 13/12/2016 07:57

Got back from Fisher Field yesterday after a great weekend away.  Downside is van is filthy bit that will have to wait, more important jollities to enjoytongue-out House more or less decorated although not bothering with outside

ABM replied on 12/02/2019 17:43

Posted on 12/02/2019 17:43

Be  careful  with  that  Mowing  &  Raking,  Puleeze,  ttda  surprised,  out  this  morning  to  take  Aged  Sister  to  ASDA  and  was  surprised  to  notice  how  many  Daisy's  are  peppering  the  verge  smile  not  enough  to  try  covering  six  with  my  size  11,  but  it's  a  start  !wink  Only  SEVEN ( 7 ) Sleeps  now  until  Club  Day  @  N.E.C.   so  I'll  have  to  strip  out  the  wallet  &  compile  a  list  of  "Things To  Look  at "  {  Stuff  removed  from  the  wallet  will  probably  be  replaced,  temporarily,  with  tissues  cry }

It's  now  17:40  and  its  clouding  over  but  not  been  too  bad  a  day  for  mid - February  all  things  considered,  hope  you  are  all  perking  up  as  Spring  approaches  cool.

Wherenext replied on 12/02/2019 18:01

Posted on 12/02/2019 18:01

A nice walk from Golden Acre car park in Bramhope through pleasant countryside.

Half way around we came across some horses in a farmers field. One of them had his rear foot caught up in the wire fencing. I couldn't see how to get into the field but the farm was only about 400 yards behind us so went and found the farmer who came to the rescue. What got me annoyed were the 8 walkers who we had seen walk past the horse, going in the same direction as us, who hadn't done anything to help the poor creature, and it was obvious that help was needed. We passed them about 15 minutes later as they were eating their sandwiches and I'm afraid I might have upset them a little. None wanted to argue their case though. 

The weather was kind. 

KjellNN replied on 12/02/2019 20:26

Posted on 12/02/2019 20:26

Feeling a bit like a mole this evening.....spent much of the day crawling around under the floor at DD's house, but we did make progress with the various cables.

So far we have found 4 access hatches to the foundations, one in full view in the utility room, one concealed under the kitchen island, one in the main bedroom when we lifted the carpet (which I have relocated to under the bed when putting down the new flooring), and one in Callum's room when the carpet was lifted.

DD and I went down there and working together we have drawn a plan of the walls under there, where there is access to from each hatch, and where the drains and water pipes run.

We also found various TV cables that have just been cut, so I plan to reinstate them, and several phone cables, some of which were damaged, so I have now managed to fix them up and get most of the phone sockets working.  Still plenty to be done though.

nelliethehooker replied on 12/02/2019 20:49

Posted on 12/02/2019 20:33 by JVB66

Well its been done have ended up with three stents two in one artery and one in another,absolutely fabulous team every one of themcool

Posted on 12/02/2019 20:49

Glad to hear that all's gone well, JVB. Take care of yourself over the next few weeks.

Good to hear you had a pleasant day out, WN, and well done getting help for the poor horse. Some people always think that it's some-one else's responsibility, and not theirs', when they see such problems.

Dull coolish day here after early frost last night. Drove over to Ormesby Hall, and the model railway layouts made the visit well worth going there. Can thoroughly recommend them to railway enthusiasts.

DavidKlyne replied on 12/02/2019 20:55

Well its been done have ended up with three stents two in one artery and one in another,absolutely fabulous team every one of themcool

Posted on 12/02/2019 20:55

You must be please it didn't require anything more invasive than stents? How long before you can get back out in the caravan?

David

Bakers2 replied on 12/02/2019 21:21

Posted on 12/02/2019 21:21

So pleased for you. Wishing you a speedy recovery. Do as you're told to ensure a speedy recovery 😉. My best wishes to you and you family. Are you home now? I know they don't let you hang about!

Left my OH he was off for another CT scan of his heart as I said goodbye. He's first on the list for the morning. Going to be a quadruple bypass, plus sorting dvt/blockage on right thigh. Fantastic staff.

milliehull replied on 12/02/2019 21:52

Posted on 12/02/2019 21:52

So pleased all went well for you JVB. Brilliant news. Well done the NHS. How long is your recuperation period going to be?

I will be thinking of you and your OH tomorrow Bakers2.  All the very best. Good to hear that the staff are brilliant. Hopefully you will be able to relax by this time tomorrow. 

Well done for arranging for the horse to be rescued WN. Also well done for telling the walkers what you thought of them. Hopefully it gave them food for thought.

Takethedogalong replied on 12/02/2019 22:39

Posted on 12/02/2019 18:01 by Wherenext

A nice walk from Golden Acre car park in Bramhope through pleasant countryside.

Half way around we came across some horses in a farmers field. One of them had his rear foot caught up in the wire fencing. I couldn't see how to get into the field but the farm was only about 400 yards behind us so went and found the farmer who came to the rescue. What got me annoyed were the 8 walkers who we had seen walk past the horse, going in the same direction as us, who hadn't done anything to help the poor creature, and it was obvious that help was needed. We passed them about 15 minutes later as they were eating their sandwiches and I'm afraid I might have upset them a little. None wanted to argue their case though. 

The weather was kind. 

Posted on 12/02/2019 22:39

Well done to you WN. All too easily done, sometimes the wire gets caught between hoof and shoe and then they panic as they can’t take the weight for long on three legs. Hope it wasn’t lamed, there’s not much protection for tendons at back of a foot. I would probably have said my piece as well!  Hope the car repair is imminent, you certainly haven’t let it spoil your stay.

Takethedogalong replied on 12/02/2019 22:40

Posted on 12/02/2019 22:40

That’s great news JVB, take the recovery steady now. Glad things are sorted for you.

All the best for tomorrow Bakers.

Kjell, do you fancy a holiday in Yorkshire, could do with your expertise?!😃

Near Malvern Hills Club Campsite by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook