What are you all up to

Oneputt replied on 13/12/2016 07:57

Posted on 13/12/2016 07:57

Got back from Fisher Field yesterday after a great weekend away.  Downside is van is filthy bit that will have to wait, more important jollities to enjoytongue-out House more or less decorated although not bothering with outside

Bakers2 replied on 25/01/2017 13:38

Posted on 25/01/2017 13:38

Foggy and feeling colder than yesterday here, although the thermometer is saying it's 2c more than this time yesterday. That's 2c. Lovely walk with dog through the wooded part of local estate, plenty of squirrels 😃 so dog happy . Definitely thawing trees dripping and Guinness dog as a result, although I've seen her worse. Fog lifting very slightly but not overly inspired to do much else other than the bare essential chores 😉.

redface replied on 25/01/2017 14:11

Posted on 25/01/2017 14:11

Time to get the mosquito repellent out!

Yesterday whilst in the garden, in the sunshine but with frost still on the ground, I noticed a cloud of midges dancing in the sunlight.

Does that mean a very bad year for insect bites, as they seem to have started very early?

ABM replied on 25/01/2017 16:24

Posted on 25/01/2017 16:24

Should  not  bother  you  in  Kent,  Redface,  they  are

just  "Flying Bird Food"   ---   a  short  sharp  frost  will  see  'em

off  smartish  sealed

Sorry  if  i  seem  a  bit  hard  on  you,  but  I've  just  been

commenting  about  the  West  Highland  Midge  elsewhere

and  I  can  feel  the  itching  already   !!  It  does  make  for

a  bolshy  snappy  old  Brian  I'm  afraid  !!embarassed

brue replied on 25/01/2017 16:39

Posted on 25/01/2017 16:39

I went on a Haggis Hunt yesterday and captured one. So enjoy Burns Night one and all if you are partaking. laughing

HelenandTrevor replied on 25/01/2017 16:39

Posted on 25/01/2017 16:39

Been foggy all day and very cold, finished work a bit early,  still very quiet, but it usually is this time of year.

OH's birthday today, so will probably be visiting local pub for a celebration drink or two later. wink

Bakers2 replied on 25/01/2017 16:49

Posted on 25/01/2017 16:39 by HelenandTrevor

Been foggy all day and very cold, finished work a bit early,  still very quiet, but it usually is this time of year.

OH's birthday today, so will probably be visiting local pub for a celebration drink or two later. wink

Posted on 25/01/2017 16:49

Happy birthday to Mr Trevor, 21 again? Do your hours vary depending on work required at any given point? Shame it's not the sort of day, except for OH birthday, to really enjoy bonus free time. It's certainly much colder feeling here today but the thermometer says different I think it's the fog and damp. Wind from the east tomorrow 😆

Tammygirl replied on 25/01/2017 17:08

Posted on 25/01/2017 17:08

Lovely chilly sunny day today, drive down from Chester to Bristol was good. Got here about 1.30, already been for a walk around the dockside area and got the little cross chanel ferry back across rather than go all the way into town, will do that tomorrow. 6c here at the moment but promise of being colder tomorrow, we had a sheet of ice on the outside of the screen covers this morning, yet we were cosy warm inside. Managed to get my tooth looked at and had a tempory filling, so no problem now, will phone my dentist once we know when we are going back. 

Glad you had a good day MH, might come back up that way next week.

Where to go after seeing the kids at the weekend ? 

Can't post smilies on my tablet now, I can see the lines and boxes. Brue I get trees.

ABM replied on 25/01/2017 17:14

Posted on 25/01/2017 17:14

Sitting  here  prior  to  closing  down  for  a  meal

and  I'm  looking  out  into  a  clear  darkening  blue 

sky  with  just  a  thin  line  of  light  sunset  along 

the  far  horizon   --  beautiful  to  see  but  It's  telling

me  its  going  to  be  a    c c c cold  night  so  its  time

to  get  the  fur -lined  thermal  jim-jams  out  again  !!

Stay  warm,  dry  &  safe  you  lot  please  wink

Bakers2 replied on 25/01/2017 17:31

Posted on 25/01/2017 17:31

Good news about your tooth Tammygirl. Glad you're enjoying your trip 😃

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook