What are you all up to

Oneputt replied on 13/12/2016 07:57

Posted on 13/12/2016 07:57

Got back from Fisher Field yesterday after a great weekend away.  Downside is van is filthy bit that will have to wait, more important jollities to enjoytongue-out House more or less decorated although not bothering with outside

triky auto replied on 18/01/2017 08:38

Posted on 18/01/2017 08:38

wink Crispy here too,in East Kent,but bright.Off to the B/Yd shortly,it'l be frostier there !! Got to get the road roller out today to compress the planings that i spread yesterday.

milliehull replied on 18/01/2017 09:16

Posted on 17/01/2017 14:36 by Tammygirl

Lovely sunny day here again today, I put the thermometer on the front window ledge outside to see just how warm it is, the sun coming through the window is very warm. Thermometer says 20c smile now I know that's in the sun but wow! can't be bad. going out the back of the house is a bit different as its NE facing so more like 10c but still good for January. The hills still have snow but I don't think they are getting a good ski season this year.

Hope you get the washer sorted MH, by the way how did Mr MH Op go, has he got the patch of yet, (did they do both eyes or just the one)

Glad to hear the knitting is still going well Bakers what are you making.

DSB, hope you get a solution to the dental issue.

We've just had a power out in the village, phoned the appropriate number, they took details, called back to let us know someone was on their way to look at the problem, short time later power back on, another phone call to ask if everything was alright did we have any problems and was everything working ok. Must admit very impressed with them.smile  Can hear alarms going off all over the village so guess some houses have main alarms that are not happy.

Posted on 18/01/2017 09:16

Mr H's op all went according to plan thanks Tammy.  He is not a patient patient and not enjoying the fact that he can't drive at the moment.  He still wears the patch at night and I try to make him wear his wrap-round sunglasses if he goes out as he mustn't get anything in the eye. He goes for his follow up appt on the 27th and they will then give him the date to do the other eye.

milliehull replied on 18/01/2017 09:19

Posted on 18/01/2017 09:19

Washing machine mechanic came yesterday.  He looked at though he should still be in school.  He fiddled around a bit and said that he thought it had been a 'glitch' in the circuit board but all was now fixed.  I am not convinced.  I did one load yesterday and shall do another today to see how things go.

milliehull replied on 18/01/2017 09:20

Posted on 17/01/2017 21:45 by DSB

Well, Millie, she started filling some of the tips of my top teeth today and apparently the plan is to provide me with a small denture to fit overy my back teeth in order to raise my back teeth bite - if that makes any sense!

David 

Posted on 18/01/2017 09:20

I hope the plan works David.

JVB66 replied on 18/01/2017 09:41

Posted on 18/01/2017 09:41

Have had a call from c/van dealer this morning,asking if we can bring our van in for recall ,our van on the list for a mod to be carried out on the seating,so being done this Friday am,and have altered our break to FM now leaving Friday pm,

Millie  hope your WM is ok as the "other" laundry has 40+ spaces this w/end

milliehull replied on 18/01/2017 10:02

Posted on 18/01/2017 10:02

Very tempting JVB! laughing Good job you got your caravan from your local dealer. Not too far to travel for the recall.

Wherenext replied on 18/01/2017 18:00

Posted on 18/01/2017 18:00

Our elderly neighbour bought a new microwave and we volunteered to take her old, heavy, ancient one to the tip. There's a recycling plant almost en route to Curry's, where we headed but when we got there it had been closed due to cut backs. So this afternoon we headed 5 miles the other way only to find that one was undergoing refurb so closed until April. I can foresee plenty of fly tipping in the area.

So we'll have to go to another one tomorrow before shopping otherwise they'll be no room in the boot.

Did get to Currys though for that all important new vacuum.

IanH replied on 18/01/2017 20:36

Posted on 17/01/2017 21:19 by KjellNN

Will there be a lot of cutting?

I take it you will be removing plinths and  appliances and running the tiles in under them?

In DD's first flat, the useless first owner tiled both the bathroom and kitchen floors......very badly.

In the bathroom he tiled up to the bath panel, making it very difficult to remove.

In the kitchen he just tiled up to the plinths.  Luckily there were plenty of spare tiles, so I ripped the plints off, added an extra half width of tile, and replaced with new plinths so we could at least get access.

The built in appliaces were more problematical......a dishwasher and a washer/dryer that sat on plastic feet or little legs in  their slots. The W/D the legs could be screwed in so there was then enough space to lift them over the lip of plywood and tile, but when the D/W needed to come out   the little feet could not be adjusted far enough so I had to destroy them to get the machine out!

There was much muttering!

Posted on 18/01/2017 20:36

Yes, a fair bit of cutting. I've planned it to avoid any small pieces.

Regarding the plinths, plan 'A' was to remove them and tile behind / beyond them.

Yesterday, I removed a short section, expecting to see pedestals behind. There weren't any. It seems that the plinths are 'structural' and are supporting the floor cupboards.......so cannot be removed.

So with some reluctance, it looks like I will have to resort to plan 'B' and tile up to them.

IanH replied on 18/01/2017 20:51

Posted on 18/01/2017 20:51

Full day at CAB today, called at Wickes for some tile adhesive on the way home, then home to start cutting up ply sheets for the kitchen floor. Then finished grouting the wall tiles.

All go, isn't it? frown

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook