What are you all up to

Oneputt replied on 13/12/2016 07:57

Posted on 13/12/2016 07:57

Got back from Fisher Field yesterday after a great weekend away.  Downside is van is filthy bit that will have to wait, more important jollities to enjoytongue-out House more or less decorated although not bothering with outside

Pippah45 replied on 14/01/2017 12:16

Posted on 14/01/2017 12:16

I decided to take the ice off the small garden pond today - for the birds - and discovered it was a useful exercise in removing the duck week at the same time.  Frozen into the ice I just had to fish out the ice and hey presto most of the duckweed has gone - and the wildlife can get a drink! 

triky auto replied on 14/01/2017 16:31

Posted on 14/01/2017 16:31

Sunny & bright today at the B/Yd.Used the "Case" digger to spread some 'planings' & grade the road.Very high spring tide today ,a small surge ,but only a few inches over the road,not a complete flood as predicted Held us up for half an hour ,then back to normal.

HelenandTrevor replied on 14/01/2017 17:27

Posted on 14/01/2017 03:15 by DSB

We have a continuous battle of the thermostat in our house.  I switch it up everytime I pass it and Carol switches it down.  We rarely seem to be able to get a temperature that suits both of us at the same time.  smile

David 

Posted on 14/01/2017 17:27

It's exactly the same at our house too. smile

HelenandTrevor replied on 14/01/2017 17:32

Posted on 14/01/2017 17:32

Weather not as good as forecast, but got out and about. Also did the supermarket shop, bought a few extras as making a banana tarte tartin for tea.

Heard from youngest son he has found a house to rent in Manchester, and got his new contract for the new job, it's all going to plan.smile

KjellNN replied on 14/01/2017 17:35

Posted on 14/01/2017 17:35

We use only TRVs, so no   thermostat to tweak, our system is old but works just fine.

OH decides how warm we have it, and sets the times, I just put on or take off my sweater as necessary!

We do not run heating overnight, but the house is well insulated so we are warm enough.

Tammygirl replied on 14/01/2017 17:58

Posted on 14/01/2017 17:58

We have TRV's  on all our radiators, each room is adjusted to how we like it, rooms unused are down low just to keep them aired. The timer is set at this time of year to come on 30 mins before we get up(ish) and goes off at 21.30, no heating required over night as we are in bed. Living room usually at 20c same in bathroom but bedroom, hall  and kitchen about 17c. We tend to walk around in T shirts most of the time. Once it starts to get warmer (Spring) during the day the heating goes off around 10.30, then back on for 2 hrs at lunchtime (if required) them off again until teatime. When it eventually gets hot (well hot for Scotland) it goes off altogether. 

Today has been a lovely day bright and sunny, flipping cold though. We've been busy out at the van now its back home. Boy is it filthy, can't wash it just yet as its still freezing but hope we get a chance before going away.

We've been playing with the new roof satellite all seems to be good and easy to use. Just need to put everything back into it once the temp comes up a bit over the next day or so, no point in putting the cushions and bedding in while its still freezing. I've got boxes of food and bits and pieces sat on the dinning room floor, the spare bedroom has all the cushions and bedding in there, OH has at least managed to get some of the (kit) back into the van, so the attic floor has for the time being stopped moaning laughing more to do tomorrow.

IanH replied on 14/01/2017 19:22

Posted on 14/01/2017 19:22

Tried to reply with a lengthy post, timed out but no message to say so, it just wouldn't post,  copied what I had typed, logged in again, pasted........and something that I had typed several days ago appeared!??

Can't be bothered to do it again.

nelliethehooker replied on 14/01/2017 21:04

Posted on 10/01/2017 12:03 by KjellNN

Just sorted the insurance for the new car, which we are getting on Thursday, have paid some extra on current polisy and will get quotes at renewal at the beginning of March.

Ordered floor mats and boot tray, all now arrived, and towbar fitting organised, so I think we have covered everything meantime.

Shopping this afternoon......fridge is bare now as we have not shopped since New Year, other than milk.

Both still have this really annoying tickly cough.

Posted on 14/01/2017 21:04

Ordered floor mats and boot tray, all now arrived, and towbar fitting organised, so I think we have covered everything meantime.

Congratulations on the new car Kjell. Did you order your mats etc on line? If so which company did you use and are you satisfied with them? I'm after some for our new Volvo but there seems to big differences between companies and type of mat. Any help would be gratefully accepted.

DavidKlyne replied on 14/01/2017 21:10

Posted on 14/01/2017 21:10

We have our heating set at 21 C from 6.30am to 11.30pm. It is set overnight at 15 C. If its going to be cold overnight I increase the overnight temperature although it seldom comes on. During the day we will nudge the temperature down if we are going out and up during the evening. About two years ago we had a Power Flush which has been pretty successful. We have TRV's in most rooms although of course they shouldn't be in the room where you have your thermostat.

David

KjellNN replied on 14/01/2017 21:26

Posted on 14/01/2017 21:04 by nelliethehooker

Congratulations on the new car Kjell. Did you order your mats etc on line? If so which company did you use and are you satisfied with them? I'm after some for our new Volvo but there seems to big differences between companies and type of mat. Any help would be gratefully accepted.

Posted on 14/01/2017 21:26

Yes, we ordered on line, we wanted decent quality so did not go for the cheapest available.

The mats are a good heavy-weight rubber type, £35 for a set of 4, delivered very quickly, from Amazon , seller was  Travall UK

The boot tray we splashed out on as it will get a lot of wear, that was from  The Roof Box Company, £61.50 + carriage £5.50. Also delivered within a couple of days.  It has the raised edges to contain spillages.  Flat mats are cheaper.

We could not find a company that could provide both the boot tray and the floor mats.

Remains to see how they will all wear, but the quality seems good and everything fitted exactly, so we are pleased so far.

VW offered carpet mats for £25,rubber trays for a lot more, so we decided to source our own.  When we went to pick up the car we found they had fitted carpet mats for free, after decling to provide any!

They are now packed away, maybe we could sell them!

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook