The Pointless Page

replied on 11/03/2018 07:15

Posted on 10/03/2018 17:47 by Tammygirl

Pointless posting on the 'other thread' so I will say hello to everyone on here wink

Another lovely day today bit more of a breeze though which was nice. Managed to do 23 lengths of the pool today over 2 sessions againsmile we've now caught up on our sleep and feeling nice and relaxed.

Off to the big market tomorrow, there are markets going on all the time here but the biggest one is at Teguise on a Sunday. I rarely buy anything but I  do enjoy a mooch around. 

Off out for a meal tonight, stayed in and cooked last night.

Have a good weekend all.

Posted on 11/03/2018 07:15

I can't comment, Tammygirl because I've never been to any of the Canary Islands although we do have friends in Bristol, who are also caravanners, that like to go there, usually in February to get away from the dark evenings and cold weather here. 

My wife and I can't go there at the moment because the Home Office have her passport whilst her UK visa is under consideration, so at the moment we have to focus on that. Even if and when her visa is granted, just crossing the border into France is complicated, as the visa only covers her for UK. So a separate visa would be needed for EU countries.

I'll look forward to reading about your return to UK and your forthcoming trips away in your motorhome on CMC sites here as I'm better able to relate to that!

brue replied on 11/03/2018 08:27

Posted on 11/03/2018 08:27

Hope you can now  enjoy your break Moulesy. I'm off to see my Mum today. We had a difficult day yesterday due to a family bereavement, need to concentrate on a lot of different things just now. Hope you all have a good day. smile

SteveL replied on 11/03/2018 10:48

Posted on 11/03/2018 10:48

Pointless or not so pointless. Had yet another scam, text rather than phone call this time. Supposedly from Nat West. Your account has been disabled, please verify details to reactivate it. These aren't uncommon, but this one seemed a bit cleverer, in that it seemed to be directing you to a secure link. No idea if it was, as no intention of clicking it. I suppose the fact that the link seemed secure might trick a few.

Anyway sent it off to the National police phishing unit. I suppose one day they might get on top of these things, but there are just so many.

ABM replied on 11/03/2018 13:05

Posted on 11/03/2018 13:05

Hoping  your  day  gets  better  Brue,

Check  with  your  bank  in  another  way  then  Moulesy  --  that's  the  only  thing  I  can  suggest,  after  all  you  don't  want  any  more  'Draining'  going  on  do  you  undecided.

Hoping  all  'Mothers'  get  to  enjoy  their  day  without  too  many  chocs  etc  being  nicked  by  stray  fingerssealedwink

cariadon replied on 11/03/2018 16:05

Posted on 11/03/2018 16:05

I has a similar call on Friday from "HRMC" threatening me with legal action and to press 1 to speak to my case worker, unfortunaly it was a recorded message otherwise I would have told them where to go.

Tammygirl replied on 11/03/2018 18:03

Posted on 11/03/2018 18:03

Good day today, bit later than normal getting up. Went to the market, very busy there today. Sometimes it can be quite chilly there as its quite high up but it was nice today. Didn't buy anything but did have lunch there. Then we took a ride up to the North of the island where they get big waves, today the were huge. Some brave souls out surfing so we sat and watched them for awhile. I love watching the sea especially when its rough but even nicer when you are sat in 24c sunshine cool

Takethedogalong replied on 11/03/2018 18:27

Posted on 11/03/2018 18:27

Sounds lovely TG. We enjoy watching the sea, and everything going on, in and around it. As a student I worked in the first Leisure Centre in this country to have a wave machine, it was hypnotic at times, but much more predictable patterns than the real thing!

Oneputt replied on 11/03/2018 18:47

Posted on 11/03/2018 18:47

Went to Snettisham, tide was out so no wave watching.  Thousands of birds including a mega - a Snowy Owl showing well🦉

brue replied on 11/03/2018 18:54

Posted on 11/03/2018 18:54

I was in the "en suite" at my Mum's today when I heard her telling OH about her funeral arrangements (just the usual sort of happy topic on Mother's Day.) So I stayed in a bit longer because every visit we have a reminder and I can recite it word for word, so I let OH take the full force ...he's quite good about it really and takes it without a flicker. wink

So ended our day out. smile

Takethedogalong replied on 11/03/2018 20:09

Posted on 11/03/2018 20:09

I can empathise brue! My Sis and I have started quoting bits to ourselves now. Mind you every so often Mum throws in the odd curve ball, keeps us on our toes! Glad you had a nice day, been thinking about you.

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook