The Pointless Page

Wherenext replied on 10/03/2018 10:58

Posted on 10/03/2018 10:58

I'm lost!

Mrs WN has taken mother out in her jalopy. The house is quiet, there are no jobs to be done (well none that I can find, although I might not have tried very hard). The caravan is packed for our week away from tomorrow apart from those overnight things and I'm forbidden from getting into the attic to sort it out until Easter.

Oh well, might just have to have another coffee.

Tammygirl replied on 10/03/2018 17:47

Posted on 10/03/2018 17:47

Pointless posting on the 'other thread' so I will say hello to everyone on here wink

Another lovely day today bit more of a breeze though which was nice. Managed to do 23 lengths of the pool today over 2 sessions againsmile we've now caught up on our sleep and feeling nice and relaxed.

Off to the big market tomorrow, there are markets going on all the time here but the biggest one is at Teguise on a Sunday. I rarely buy anything but I  do enjoy a mooch around. 

Off out for a meal tonight, stayed in and cooked last night.

Have a good weekend all.

Oneputt replied on 10/03/2018 18:25

Posted on 10/03/2018 18:25

It would be pointless to disagree TG as I feel the same.πŸ˜‰ My day here started with a bit of a shock as I got the boiler settings wrong and ended up having a very cool shower.  The day did improve, despite miles of driving and about a 9 mile walk we finally saw the Snowy Owl πŸ¦‰ albeitvery distant.  πŸ‘πŸ‘ 

Strange that WN whenever Mrs One goes out I look for jobs but end up drinking coffee and watching B&W movies πŸŽ₯

Wherenext replied on 10/03/2018 19:30

Posted on 10/03/2018 19:30

Pointless waiting for mothers day for MIL as we're off in the van tomorrow so opened some bubbly tonight and cooked her favourite meal. She's already had a pressie and she found out late this afternoon that she won a raffle from the garden centre MrsWN took her to this morning. Loads of crafting goodies no less.She filched the flowers given to MrsWN by the car saleswoman yesterday, so all in all she's not gone short and we can disappear with a clear conscience. So win/win all round.

moulesy replied on 10/03/2018 19:48

Posted on 10/03/2018 17:47 by Tammygirl

Pointless posting on the 'other thread' so I will say hello to everyone on here wink

Another lovely day today bit more of a breeze though which was nice. Managed to do 23 lengths of the pool today over 2 sessions againsmile we've now caught up on our sleep and feeling nice and relaxed.

Off to the big market tomorrow, there are markets going on all the time here but the biggest one is at Teguise on a Sunday. I rarely buy anything but I  do enjoy a mooch around. 

Off out for a meal tonight, stayed in and cooked last night.

Have a good weekend all.

Posted on 10/03/2018 19:48

We like that market up in Teguise, TG - whenever we'very been in Lanzarote we've always driven up there on a Sunday. Some good leather items and usually a couple of fabulous cheese sellers. It's 3 or 4 years ago now since we were last there, but we stayed for about an hour listening to one of the best buskers I've ever hear belting out loads of Neil Young songs. Best 5 euros I've spent on the island!  wink

ABM replied on 10/03/2018 21:16

Posted on 10/03/2018 21:16

Now  Brian's  feeling  his  age, Moulesy  --  the  Neil  Young  he  recalls  only  sang  when  he  scored  yet  another  goal  for  Manchester  City  embarassed !

Delighted  to  hear  you're  taking  your  exercise  even  on  holiday  TammyG  but  take  care  in  them  thar  market  place  thingies  'cos  you  just  might  end  up  buying  some  of  them  thar  leather  bound  cheeses  Moulesy  mentioned  wink

Tammygirl replied on 10/03/2018 21:17

Posted on 10/03/2018 21:17

Oooh! Cool shower bet that was a shock  to the system laughing glad you saw the snowy owl.

Have a good trip WN.

Glad to hear (on the other thread) you are drying out moulesy, as you say good job you go down early, what a mess you would have had. In 1993 my sister got flooded out of her house when the River Tay burst its banks. What a mess after the water went down, took them 5 months before they got back in.

Oneputt replied on 10/03/2018 22:02

Posted on 10/03/2018 22:02

Glad your getting sorted M.

Heard a Twany owl calling so went outside the van and a second chimed in.  Suddenly I caught sight of a shadow moving towards me, it was a barn owl bathed in the site lights, seemed to be disoriented as he nearly hit our van before swerving away screeching. Really ethereal experienceπŸ¦‰

Bakers2 replied on 10/03/2018 22:21

Posted on 10/03/2018 22:21

Wow how lucky Oneputt  πŸ˜†

Certainly not pointless

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook