Pump-king text messages

Shift20uk replied on 09/03/2019 11:52

Posted on 09/03/2019 11:52

Just a quick question to see if any other members subscribed to the Pump-King for fuel discounts.

I receive text messages each week however this morning I have received at least 30 in the last 1/2 hour. I am unable to block on my phone. Also their website has now down. 

Is anyone receiving these text messages or know what is happening 

Thanks

Moderator Edit:

As we already have a thread on the topic of Pump King in the "Tips for making Caravanning and Touring Cheaper" Section, I've locked this thread but invite you to post in the existing thread.

Just for your information, you are most definitely not alone.  Other members have been inundated with messages.

Shift20uk replied on 09/03/2019 11:55

Posted on 09/03/2019 11:55

Thank you for this link - however I only signed up to Pump-King at the caravan show a couple of weeks ago at the caravan and motorhome stand as didn't know it was available - wished I haven't now as received now over 50 text messages with this weeks fuel prices.

IS anyone else receiving these messages?

Mark Weir replied on 09/03/2019 11:58

Posted on 09/03/2019 11:58

I am experiencing exactly the same. I have over 40 text messages in my inbox - last 30 mins This is quite obviously a technical problem. Tried to get on the Pump King website but it appears to no longer exists. Can we get this sorted as a matter of urgency as there maybe some hacker activity occurring here!!!!!

Tinwheeler replied on 09/03/2019 12:06

Posted on 09/03/2019 11:55 by Shift20uk

Thank you for this link - however I only signed up to Pump-King at the caravan show a couple of weeks ago at the caravan and motorhome stand as didn't know it was available - wished I haven't now as received now over 50 text messages with this weeks fuel prices.

IS anyone else receiving these messages?

Posted on 09/03/2019 12:06

Yes they are. Follow the link👍🏻

Mark Weir replied on 09/03/2019 12:06

Posted on 09/03/2019 12:06

Based on the customer service reviews on this company maybe the Caravan and Motorhome Club should cut ties immediately and review the quality assurance processes they go through before recommending a service to its members.

Captdibble replied on 09/03/2019 12:16

Posted on 09/03/2019 12:16

38 messages but none for 5 mins so hopefully it's stopped.  Feel for anyone who is signed up and may be abroad and subject to charges for receiving calls.  Unless there is some sort of explanation/apology mine will be cancelled and if anyone else is doing this don't forget to cancel the authorisation for them to debit your debit card with your bank.  Shambles form start to finish, months waiting for card, between 4 and 7p more expensive than anywhere else locally (both supermarkets and independent garages) and then this debacle.  Does anyone at the Club do any due diligence with these companies before advertising the offers?  Love the fact that in this 24/7 society the Club only operates a telephony service M-F office hours.  Or am I being unrealistic?

replied on 09/03/2019 12:19

Posted on 09/03/2019 12:19

Thought CC phone line operated Saturday am? 

This topic has been locked, no new replies can be added.

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook