NHS Tracker App

moulesy replied on 24/09/2020 12:05

Posted on 24/09/2020 12:05

Just one problem - if, like me, your Android phone is version 5 or earlier, you can't download it! frown

brue replied on 24/09/2020 13:03

Posted on 24/09/2020 13:03

I downloaded it this morning, as we're away the home post code info is a bit useless but being able to check in to see if we're on premises with covid alerts is good. The proof is in the pudding and I hope all that can will download it. smile

Whittakerr replied on 24/09/2020 15:19

Posted on 24/09/2020 15:19

Apple issued their own app a while ago as part of an update to the operating system on my phone but when setting it up it stated the UK government had not signed up to the system therefore it was unavailable.

I checked it this morning after learning the NHS app was now available and it is now functioning. I’m not sure if it is integrated somehow with the NHS app, but I haven’t downloaded the NHS version and I’ll be sticking with the Apple system.

Tammygirl replied on 24/09/2020 19:49

Posted on 24/09/2020 19:49

I downloaded the Scottish version of this app but not quite sure of how it all works. If I'm away in the van down south would it still be of any use or do I need to download another version undecided

DavidKlyne replied on 24/09/2020 20:32

Posted on 24/09/2020 19:49 by Tammygirl

I downloaded the Scottish version of this app but not quite sure of how it all works. If I'm away in the van down south would it still be of any use or do I need to download another version undecided

Posted on 24/09/2020 20:32

TG

Having a bit of a read up, it looks as if the two Apps are built on different platforms so therefore I think you would need the England/Wales App as well. They probably have common features but it seems developed by to different companies.

David

redface replied on 24/09/2020 21:18

Posted on 24/09/2020 21:18

Having downloaded it I notice that it is continually checking via 'blue-tooth'.

Presumably this means that my phones battery will need charging more often to accommodate this?

Bit of a pain as at present it only needs charging once every 24 hrs.

DavidKlyne replied on 24/09/2020 22:22

Posted on 24/09/2020 21:18 by redface

Having downloaded it I notice that it is continually checking via 'blue-tooth'.

Presumably this means that my phones battery will need charging more often to accommodate this?

Bit of a pain as at present it only needs charging once every 24 hrs.

Posted on 24/09/2020 22:22

I must say that was also my concern. However I fully charged my phone this morning and currently its showing 98% charged. I shall check again in the morning. Probably uses less power that updates from Facebook or Twitter if you use them?

David

Edit:- The phone, a Samsung A50, lost a further 6% of charge overnight so I don't think the App will make much difference. 

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook