Is it me ! Or because there's no stars

Rubytuesday replied on 28/12/2016 20:59

Posted on 28/12/2016 20:59

it might be because of Xmas ect.  but has anyone else noticed , it's very quiet on here ,   Certainly a lot less posting,  since the new site format , so is it Xmas , or because there's No more stars ,🌟 ? 🤔

huskydog replied on 28/12/2016 21:09

Posted on 28/12/2016 21:09

Yes you're right , it's been very quiet on here , I think it might be the lack of stars , at least with the star system you could tell who was new or didn't post much on CT , most other forums have a star rating of some type ,but it seems that the regulars have gone else where

Tinwheeler replied on 28/12/2016 21:26

Posted on 28/12/2016 21:26

It's possibly part due to Christmas but I have more than a sneaking suspicion that it's due to the slowness of the site which, together with the lack of functionality, means it's often far more hassle than it's worth to pick our way around the forum. 

IanH replied on 28/12/2016 21:26

Posted on 28/12/2016 21:26

I think it's more to do with the clunky web site.

Rubytuesday replied on 28/12/2016 22:00

Posted on 28/12/2016 22:00

I have noticed that most of those who had many purple stars and certainly those with gold  hardly post now if at all, sealed

Tinwheeler replied on 28/12/2016 22:11

Posted on 28/12/2016 22:11

That's not my reason, Ruby. The stars meant nothing to me and I'm glad to see the back of them after being falsely accused of star chasing on many an occasion.

You'll find a clue to my less frequent visits in my previous post and it has nothing to do with Christmas.

briantimber replied on 28/12/2016 23:30

Posted on 28/12/2016 23:30

I wouldn't put it down to the lack of stars Roobz.

More to the point, in my opinion, is the fact that CT has gone backwards with the introduction of this apology for a website.

I think that I have posted about four or five times since this "unadvanced technology" was forced on us.....I just can't be bothered to sign on and then have to re-find the post that I wanted to reply to, neither can I be bothered to find out who was the last poster on a particular thread, nor can I be bothered to try and find all the very. very good information that has been lost due to the amateurism shown by the so called experts who designed this disaster. I'm disgusted with the flippant attitude /response from the C Club.

Thank god I don't have a CL is all I can say, they must feel like leaving the network after the way that they have been treated.....Disgusting!!!!yell

I'd better stop now before I get put on the naughty stairs,there are many more reasons for not using this failure of a site but why should I bother to air my opinions,nothing is ever fixed, just excuses, excuses, excuses!!! lots of better forums out there, even the C&CCsurprised may look in from time to time, but doubt if I'll be a regular again....undecidedcool

Bakers2 replied on 28/12/2016 23:51

Posted on 28/12/2016 23:51

I have to be on the right equipment to post. I still read but so agree with above post 😭

DavidKlyne replied on 29/12/2016 00:33

Posted on 29/12/2016 00:33

RT

I am not sure your concerns are backed up by the facts. There have been 60 posts in just the General Chat section alone today. So add in all the other posts from other sections it adds up to quite a respectable number. There are lots of caravanning forums out there that would like to get what we get in a day in an entire week! Even the other Club's forum is massively underused compared to Club Together so I think its healthier than you imagine. BTW I left out the double posts in my calculations! 

David

replied on 29/12/2016 01:18

Posted on 29/12/2016 01:18

It's not just the stars that have disappeared but the absence of email notifications on discussions that you were previously notified of updates. Without that, it is impossible to know where there has been an update unless you search through all the discussions after logging in. It is easy to forget which discussions you were previously following without the email reminders.

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook