Flu jabs

JoJo9 replied on 03/10/2021 08:56

Posted on 03/10/2021 08:56

My husband had his flu jab booked for next Tuesday at our local Boots store. He received a phone call yesterday saying it was cancelled because they don't have enough vaccine. He was given another appointment in three weeks time. I checked on the Boots website to discover there were still lots of appointments available for under sixty fives during the next couple of weeks. This morning on their website it states that no appointments are available for over sixty fives but that existing appointments will still go ahead. Does anyone know if a different vaccine is used for different age groups?

brue replied on 03/10/2021 09:16

Posted on 03/10/2021 09:16

An adjuvant is added to increase the immune response which is weaker as we get older.

Try another pharmacy, they might have stocks. Our surgery had delays which suddenly improved and we had our jabs earlier than many.

moulesy replied on 03/10/2021 10:30

Posted on 03/10/2021 10:30

We both have appointments for flu jabs at our local surgery for Tuesday and presume they will go ahead, slightly earlier than last year. 

Of more concern to us is the Covid booster jab - we both received texts last week inviting us to book appointments. As we were out walking at the time we left it till later in the afternoon to follow the link and discovered no appointments available all the way through to the end of the year! As I found that rather surprising I emailed the surgery to check and they confirmed that,  yes, all available appointments had been taken already! The alternative is to book through NHS on line but, having tried, you can only do that once the 6 months are up from your second main jab.

Cornersteady replied on 03/10/2021 10:59

Posted on 03/10/2021 10:59

We had our done last week, we also received an 'invite' from Boots which we booked for two weeks ahead this coming Saturday.

Then a week last Friday got a txt from our surgery to arrange an appointment, we thought we would see and got one for the following Tuesday - just 4 days wait. Interestingly it was in the parish hall and appeared to be a collaboration from a number of GP surgeries in the area. 

No reaction at all from me but Mrs C had a sore arm and red area near the injection for about a day. 

replied on 03/10/2021 11:06

Posted on 03/10/2021 11:06

The user and all related content has been Deleted User

kenexton replied on 03/10/2021 11:21

Posted on 03/10/2021 11:21

We had our flu jabs at our GP surgery on Saturday morning and we are booked in for our Covid boosters next Saturday,at a local Vaccination Centre.Notifications for both sets of jabs were on time and by text message.

All very smoothly done and quite reassuring,given that we have both had "health issues" which made the whole Pandemic Period a rather tense time.Life goes on....

Takethedogalong replied on 03/10/2021 11:24

Posted on 03/10/2021 11:24

My Mum, 93, has had her Covid booster, with no reactions whatsoever. We are all booked in for our flu jabs, but Mum’s is on a different date, different vaccine. Not had our invites for Covid boosters yet, but we are a bit younger than a lot on here.

Saw the awful news about that poor young teenager who died yesterday. Only 15, no underlying health issues. She caught Covid, cancelled her planned vaccination date as she was self isolating. She passed away on the day she should have been injected. So very very sad. 

I am just coming out the other side of a cold. Haven’t had one for ages. Not to bad but felt so tired and lethargic. Hope that’s it for this coming Winter🤞

ABM replied on 03/10/2021 13:25

Posted on 03/10/2021 13:25

Booked my Flu Jab at nearest ( WELL ) pharmacy when I collected my monthly supply of official meds on Friday.  The Dispenser went straight on line and got me a confirmed booking for three weeks time.  

TtDA --  I'm feeling much better too, self-isolating-snifflers Unite !!

Wherenext replied on 03/10/2021 16:19

Posted on 03/10/2021 16:19

Couldn't get one at our local surgery for last week when I phoned them up 2 weeks ago so I popped into Boots in Devizes whilst there on holiday. 20 minutes later walked out with having had it. When I spoke to our surgery they, too, stated they only had vaccines for the under 65s so OH had hers done yesterday and MiL had hers done the week before by a different surgery to ours, who somehow managed to get over 65 vaccine.

I did read that there are shortages of over 65 vaccine nationwide so it is hit and miss.

Wherenext replied on 03/10/2021 16:20

Posted on 03/10/2021 11:06 by

Ours are booked for shortly  after our  return. Interesting  to hear about the 6 month "rule" we are well outside 6 month now so will follow that up.

Edit

Just checked

The message is wait until contacted if you are not a frontline care worker .

Posted on 03/10/2021 16:20

That's Booster Covid jabs not flu.

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook