European Summer Time - 27.03.2016

redface replied on 24/03/2016 18:58

Posted on 24/03/2016 18:58

Ah So!  Ve have our 11ses before you get out of bed. You're so lazy!  Dinner is finished, washed up and put away before you have your tea! Get out of that!

KjellNN replied on 24/03/2016 23:17

Posted on 24/03/2016 23:17

Computers/phones/tablets... may update themselves automatically but some electronic devices may not ie cameras.

The one I often forget is the heating timers.

We had to get a new CH time clock a few years back, it is very clever........it adjusts itself twice a year when summer time starts and ends.  Not sure how it knows...........

Just noticed the other day that the timers on our electric towel rails are still on "summer time".......at least that will be 3 less clocks to alter this weekend!

KjellNN replied on 24/03/2016 23:21

Posted on 24/03/2016 23:21

I do wish they would experiment with making British winter time, or what ever it is called shorter!!! I would have thought that mid November to mid February would be long enough?

David

Does it really matter, especially when retired, what the clock says?  If it is light in the morning and you want to be up, just please yourself.

Nothing we can do however about the total number of daylight hours in winter.

DavidKlyne replied on 25/03/2016 00:10

Posted on 25/03/2016 00:10

I do wish they would experiment with making British winter time, or what ever it is called shorter!!! I would have thought that mid November to mid February would be long enough?

David

Does it really matter, especially when retired, what the clock says?  If it is light in the morning and you want to be up, just please yourself.

Tend not to be an early morning person so much prefer it to be lighter in the evening. The very reason I much prefer to go to Europe in May and June because of the long light evenings.

David

Cornersteady replied on 25/03/2016 08:48

Posted on 25/03/2016 08:48

David

Tend not to be an early morning person so much prefer it to be lighter in the evening. The very reason I much prefer to go to Europe in May and June because of the long light evenings.

David

Perhaps no one told you but if you want longer light evenings in May or June you should really be heading north. Sunset on the 21st June in Edinburgh is about 10pm while in Rome it is 8pm.

Unless you mean Europe as in Norway?

Post edit - sorry CY you got there before me

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook