Energy Bills...that time again

hostahousey replied on 14/11/2016 10:11

Posted on 14/11/2016 10:11

My Energy contract is coming to an end shortly and I have been perusing some more Energy deals. Some companies I have never heard of ...example ' Bulb ' and ' '  Isupply ' to name a couple. I wondered if anyone had experience with these little known companies as they are the ones giving the  most saving tariffs?

Kerry Watkins replied on 14/11/2016 11:59

Posted on 14/11/2016 11:59

At the end of every year of our contract we contact u switch by telephone. They are. Edy helpful and we save money every year well rcommnded.

redface replied on 14/11/2016 12:07

Posted on 14/11/2016 12:07

I can't help thinking that my supplier is out to con me somehow. I am 1/2 way through a fixed deal and they offer me a switch to another fixed deal. This new one being worse than their current bog standard rates. I feel that if I switch I would lose out on my current excellant savings based around prices of 6 months ago.

Has anyone else had this sort of offer,? is it genuine? or am I likely to lose out?

Sorry I am not a mathematician and have to rely on those who can do it.

brue replied on 14/11/2016 12:43

Posted on 14/11/2016 12:43

I can switch my dual fuel deal with EDF anytime, if they have a new offer that's better I change it or would use another company if needed.

peedee replied on 14/11/2016 12:47

Posted on 14/11/2016 12:47

My Energy contract is coming to an end shortly and I have been perusing some more Energy deals. Some companies I have never heard of ...example ' Bulb ' and ' '  Isupply ' to name a couple. I wondered if anyone had experience with these little known companies as they are the ones giving the  most saving tariffs?

Snap, just been looking at the options and noticed all these new companies. I am thinking of switching to Avro from SSE.

peedee

Bakers2 replied on 14/11/2016 13:06

Posted on 14/11/2016 13:06

I can't help thinking that my supplier is out to con me somehow. I am 1/2 way through a fixed deal and they offer me a switch to another fixed deal. This new one being worse than their current bog standard rates. I feel that if I switch I would lose out on my current excellant savings based around prices of 6 months ago.

Has anyone else had this sort of offer,? is it genuine? or am I likely to lose out?

Sorry I am not a mathematician and have to rely on those who can do it.

Without seeing your offer and current tarriff difficult to tell.

If the unit price is more than you are currently paying personally I'd stay as I was, unless there is another incentive.

If the standing charge is changing downwards a quick sum will tell you if cheap or not.  Daily rate times number of days a quarter to get to the bill amount. But if unit rate increasing it may out weigh.  It probably will.

If a combination of both, again sums to work it out.  Use an old bill to give an idea on units and use new figures.

OH kept being sent details of a new work pension scheme with invites to join.  He continually declined as benefits were far worse, but some did!  He's reitred now, and everyone got transferred in the end, but those who waited to be pushed did better.

They may have to offer you all their offers, but you do not have to take them up.

Bakers2 replied on 14/11/2016 13:09

Posted on 14/11/2016 13:09

Sorry can't help on the suppliers you mention.  I think Radio 4's money box had something about heating tariffs on their webpages.  I will look but it won't be now as have to go out - sorry

volvoman9 replied on 14/11/2016 14:33

Posted on 14/11/2016 14:33

I believe that these days your supplier has to have you on the best tariff that suits your usage.Oddly were with British Gas dual fuel but on every bill/statement we get it recommends useing Sainsbury,s (in the small print) who are partners with BG.Trying to asses the best tariff yourself is virtually impossible as the rates can change not just monthly but daily and even hourly.

v9

replied on 14/11/2016 14:33

Posted on 14/11/2016 14:33

The user and all related content has been Deleted User

peedee replied on 14/11/2016 14:48

Posted on 14/11/2016 14:48

From my bills I know what my annual average consumption of gas and electricity is and it is as simple matter to feed tariffs into a spread sheet to compare costs from different suppliers. V9 you do have the choice of taking a fixed price contract

peedee

Rocky 2 buckets replied on 14/11/2016 15:52

Posted on 14/11/2016 15:52

At the end of every year of our contract we contact u switch by telephone. They are. Edy helpful and we save money every year well rcommnded.

+1, the last time I used them I saved £130. Easy to use & professionalHappy

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook