Covid - news and views

brue replied on 08/02/2021 13:35

Posted on 08/02/2021 13:35

It's good to hear that members of CT are receiving their vaccinations, good luck to all those yet to have theirs. It seems like a long haul till we get everyone sorted and hear the results of the present vaccines. 

I'm leaving this open for non political comments as per the guidelines. Hope you can add your own experiences and thoughts.

My first jab comes up tomorrow, I'm so glad we have research institutions that have got us this far! And I am planning breaks away in the hope of improvements on the horizon.

brue replied on 05/03/2022 13:54

Posted on 05/03/2022 13:54

I read that hospital Covid admissions are going up, no doubt due to the relaxation of "rules" I hope this rise settles down again. One of our daughters has spent the last three weeks recovering from Covid (she says she'll now get her third jab when she can!) A colleague working alongside her had four jabs but stil became very ill with Covid, much seems to depend on your own immunity levels and the fluctuating mutations going around. I'll wear a mask when I think it's necessary and the hand washing will continue!

ABM replied on 05/03/2022 16:44

Posted on 05/03/2022 16:44

Just checked the figures for Cheshire East, Brue  where over the last seven (7) days :--

the Admissions are 4% down [good],

Tests conducted are 49% up [ good]

Deaths within 28 days   Up by 18 to 22 [ terrifying ! ]

Net result  Brian is still washing / sanitizing  hands as required, windows are cracked -- even here where I'm only accompanied by CT & BBC  sports !!  As stated a page back I carry masks in campervan & coat pocket -- all regularly sanitised  { I do have to point out to AD that I only wear one at a time, but am aware of the failings of the elastic requiring replacement ' unless somebody has a stapler to hand  !!  }

replied on 05/03/2022 16:58

Posted on 05/03/2022 16:44 by ABM

Just checked the figures for Cheshire East, Brue  where over the last seven (7) days :--

the Admissions are 4% down [good],

Tests conducted are 49% up [ good]

Deaths within 28 days   Up by 18 to 22 [ terrifying ! ]

Net result  Brian is still washing hands as required, windows are cracked -- even here where I'm only accompanied by CT & BBC  sports !!  As stated a page back I carry masks in campervan & coat pocket -- all regularly sanitised  { I do have to point out to AD that I only wear one at a time, but am aware of the failings of the elastic requiring replacement ' unless somebody has a stapler to hand  !!  }

Posted on 05/03/2022 16:58

The user and all related content has been Deleted User

ABM replied on 05/03/2022 21:37

Posted on 05/03/2022 21:37

Forgiven David sealed  --  The first person that I saw wearing Two masks at the same time was the Archbishop of Canterbury on TV and the second was the young lady organising us gerry hat tricks going for our very first covid jab at Miss Lawrence' Library MMU  Crewe!

I appreciate that masks as such are no magic bullet for C19 but I still find that organising myself in this way ensures that I keep my distance as suggested, my air fully circulating ( thank you Eunice et al ) and my few coins from unnecessary noise making  wink in my pockets.

Take care, Keep Safe  and keep on Caravanning  innocent

replied on 08/03/2022 15:43

Posted on 08/03/2022 15:43

The user and all related content has been Deleted User

LLM replied on 09/03/2022 20:15

Posted on 09/03/2022 20:15

It seems but just a few weeks since we headed south yet it's now time to say goodbye to friends old and new, and Spain, and head north.  I just hope the UK has warmed and dried a bit as we have become accustomed to just shorts and tee shirts ... and not a needle in sight 😃.

brue replied on 11/03/2022 15:02

Posted on 09/03/2022 20:15 by LLM

It seems but just a few weeks since we headed south yet it's now time to say goodbye to friends old and new, and Spain, and head north.  I just hope the UK has warmed and dried a bit as we have become accustomed to just shorts and tee shirts ... and not a needle in sight 😃.

Posted on 11/03/2022 15:02

In S Somerset cases and admissions have increased. (918 ppeople in hospital with Covid.)

LLM replied on 11/03/2022 17:49

Posted on 11/03/2022 15:02 by brue

In S Somerset cases and admissions have increased. (918 ppeople in hospital with Covid.)

Posted on 11/03/2022 17:49

That's a long way south of our neck of the woods but I imagine the figures will be comparable 😟. We will just ignore it until we get back 🙂.  

Anyone know if/when the PLF is due to be scrapped?

Also, I have just seen that Boots are selling LFT's at some exorbitant price.  They're only about 2 Euro each in Spain. 

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook