Covid - news and views

brue replied on 08/02/2021 13:35

Posted on 08/02/2021 13:35

It's good to hear that members of CT are receiving their vaccinations, good luck to all those yet to have theirs. It seems like a long haul till we get everyone sorted and hear the results of the present vaccines. 

I'm leaving this open for non political comments as per the guidelines. Hope you can add your own experiences and thoughts.

My first jab comes up tomorrow, I'm so glad we have research institutions that have got us this far! And I am planning breaks away in the hope of improvements on the horizon.

Tinwheeler replied on 30/12/2021 17:38

Posted on 30/12/2021 17:26 by JVB66

But the daily figures would not have been so high,as France is 

Posted on 30/12/2021 17:38

As it’s an average figure over 7 days used in the statistics, the NI blip makes no difference whatsoever.

UK, France or wherever, it’s an issue of concern rather than one of trumping one another.

JVB66 replied on 30/12/2021 18:09

Posted on 30/12/2021 17:31 by moulesy

It's not a competition - France aren't the bad guys and we're certainly not the good guys. Both countries have roughly equal populations and roughly equal cases of coronavirus. It's a sad situation and finger pointing achieves absolutely nothing. frown

Posted on 30/12/2021 18:09

Tell Mr Macron thatwink

JVB66 replied on 30/12/2021 18:13

Posted on 30/12/2021 17:38 by Tinwheeler

As it’s an average figure over 7 days used in the statistics, the NI blip makes no difference whatsoever.

UK, France or wherever, it’s an issue of concern rather than one of trumping one another.

Posted on 30/12/2021 18:13

7days? It is the Daily figures that are of concernsurprised

Tinwheeler replied on 30/12/2021 18:21

Posted on 30/12/2021 18:13 by JVB66

7days? It is the Daily figures that are of concernsurprised

Posted on 30/12/2021 18:21

Average daily figures.

They give an overall clearer picture.

Rocky 2 buckets replied on 30/12/2021 19:15

Posted on 30/12/2021 17:26 by JVB66

But the daily figures would not have been so high,as France is 

Posted on 30/12/2021 19:15

Ok JV, thanks.

Fisherman replied on 30/12/2021 20:25

Posted on 30/12/2021 20:25

Content has been removed.

Takethedogalong replied on 03/01/2022 11:36

Posted on 30/12/2021 16:25 by heddlo

We have just watched some footage of the idiots at the MK testing centre rampaging through the site.  I have no words to describe them!!  How can any person, after all this time, behave like that to people who are trying to do something save lives. Whatever your view surely have respect for others doing a job, that footage was so unbelievable!  Playground bullies!!!   I would never wish death, illness or harm to anyone but just sometimes……………….. ???? 

Posted on 03/01/2022 11:36

They are of questionable intelligence. Apparently they mistook the testing centre for a vaccination centre. I so hope those who carried out the damage and intimidation are prosecuted. Personally, I’d stick them all in a cell together, along with a Petri dish of positive swabbing, give their brain cells a real test of commitment. 

DEBSC replied on 03/01/2022 12:07

Posted on 03/01/2022 12:07

Everyone is entitled to their beliefs, but some do beggar belief. Every time our local newspaper reports anything on the internet about people getting the jabs all these anti vaccine people comment. Others with more common sense reply but are soon shouted down by these bullies. I like to think that I listen to others but how can they really believe that it is all made up? It is such an insult for the families that have lost loved ones. Without vaccines we would still have many deaths from polio and smallpox etc. where are these morons getting their info and why do they believe it, it is beyond me.

DavidKlyne replied on 03/01/2022 12:32

Posted on 03/01/2022 11:36 by Takethedogalong

They are of questionable intelligence. Apparently they mistook the testing centre for a vaccination centre. I so hope those who carried out the damage and intimidation are prosecuted. Personally, I’d stick them all in a cell together, along with a Petri dish of positive swabbing, give their brain cells a real test of commitment. 

Posted on 03/01/2022 12:32

I expect the geography of MK explains why they targeted the Test Centre. Many of them probably came by train from Euston and the Test Centre is a relatively short walk from the station. The main Vaccination Centre is at the Open University some four miles from the station and it would have been difficult to get that number of people there by public transport and I suspect they didn't want an 8 miles walking round trip? Whether by coincidence or by design (I am not sure now long such visits are publicised in advance) the PM was visiting the Vaccination Centre the same day. This probably accounted for the lack of police around Test Centre although with the main police station only a few hundred yards from the Test Centre I think Thames Valley Police have some answers to provide. The mob then proceeded to walk to MK Theatre and tried to disrupt the Panto (hopefully the kids just thought it was all part of the show?) 

People are entitled to believe what they want but what they are not free to do is to impose those beliefs on others. There was some evidence that right wing agitators had infiltrated the group. The Test Centre staff must have been really frightened and that really is unfair. They are doing an essential job and they need to feel safe.

David

PS, I think I should have quoted heddlo rather than TDA

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook