Will you go

Sumitra replied on 24/04/2020 16:49

Posted on 24/04/2020 16:49

As soon as the lockdown is lifted.I ask because both my husband and I are over seventy and my husband has been notified that he is very vulnerable because of some health issues.I was thinking maybe a fully serviced pitch where we can use our own facilities?

Tinwheeler replied on 24/04/2020 16:54

Posted on 24/04/2020 16:54

I very much doubt we'll go anywhere this year. I need to be absolutely sure before I venture out and being away whilst constantly on edge and being watchful of others will be no fun at all.

Pliers replied on 24/04/2020 17:03

Posted on 24/04/2020 17:03

We certainly won’t be going anywhere in the van as soon as the restrictions are lifted. Will wait and see what happens regarding a potential “2nd wave” of infections before planning anything. Just hope we get a good summer to enjoy the garden!

Stay safe, everyone.

๐Ÿ™‚

DavidKlyne replied on 24/04/2020 17:04

Posted on 24/04/2020 17:04

I will have to be sure we are not putting ourselves in danger if we go away. We like to visit places, stop for a coffee, use public transport,but I am not sure that will be a sensible option. We no longer go away to get away from it all, we go to do things. Unless things change drastically for the better in the next few months I am also not convinced we will go away this year.

David 

brue replied on 24/04/2020 17:09

Posted on 24/04/2020 17:09

We certainly won't be first out and will need confidence to venture forth. So not thinking about it just now and I think we've still got a long way to go. ๐Ÿ

replied on 24/04/2020 17:15

Posted on 24/04/2020 17:15

The user and all related content has been Deleted User

huskydog replied on 24/04/2020 17:18

Posted on 24/04/2020 17:18

In February we booked a week in Devon for the end of September, but I’m not entirely convinced that it will be on the cards .

young thomas replied on 24/04/2020 18:26

Posted on 24/04/2020 18:26

I think the answer is 'it all depends'.....

there are many 'ifs' around this...i currently walk every day, cycle twice a week, and go to the supermarket once a week...

i maintain all the distancing (and more) that i should, and i am more aware of others around me and give them plenty of room, too..

however, i dont feel 'unsafe, frightened' by the situation, as horrific as it is....

i dont regard myself as vulnerable, despite being closer to 80 than 50 (theres a sobering thought) and , provided that....etc, etc i would consider using the van as and when the restriction ease..

in fact, id feel much safer wild vanning away from folk than being on a campsite.

we have a 'proposed' meet with pals in late September, south of France and a booking for Spain next January...

id certainly hope to be going on the Spain trip and will take a view on the French one nearer the time .....all dependingsmile

neveramsure replied on 24/04/2020 18:33

Posted on 24/04/2020 18:33

As I stated on another thread we are giving up touring but in February we booked three static caravan holidays, one in September one in July and one in May/June.

Unbelievably the one at the end of May is hanging on to my £75 deposit, stating that the site may reopen on May 14th when the current restrictions end. I am in the unfortunate situation where if I don’t pay the outstanding balance four weeks before the holiday I forfeit the deposit as per agreement.yell    

obbernockle replied on 24/04/2020 18:54

Posted on 24/04/2020 18:33 by neveramsure

As I stated on another thread we are giving up touring but in February we booked three static caravan holidays, one in September one in July and one in May/June.

Unbelievably the one at the end of May is hanging on to my ยฃ75 deposit, stating that the site may reopen on May 14th when the current restrictions end. I am in the unfortunate situation where if I donโ€™t pay the outstanding balance four weeks before the holiday I forfeit the deposit as per agreement.yell    

Posted on 24/04/2020 18:54

Weare in our 70's and have 3 bookings for camp sites in France in June and July which are similar. We have paid some quite large deposits which are clearly defined by their terms as being non refundable. For 2 of the sites the ballances are due before the trip. We have decided that the whole holiday is probably a write off, and have already had refunds for Red Penant Insurance and only paid a £75 deposit for the Brittany Ferry crossing so that has been cancelled and written off. We expect the French Campsites will be reasonable about credit tranferring to 2020, and cannot hope for any more. We have a first booking in the UK in Septemver and this is a fully serviced pitch, but as DK said above, what is the point of going there if we are so constrained and reluctant to enjoy the locality. personally I think we will write off the whole year and try to ensure we are fit for a return in 2021. We are not about to be silly with our health risks and intend to enjoy the garden and some serious chilling out (and a wee dram now and then).

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook