finding directions to club sites and reviews

kevone replied on 09/03/2023 11:51

Posted on 09/03/2023 11:51

The new website does not seem to let you find specific directions to sites and reviews if you search through the UK Club sites drop down.

Wanting this for a specific site I did receive good help from head office and this is still available, but just not linked to the booking search.  You need to type the name of the site into the search bar at the very top of the page and then you can find what used to be available when you looked at sites and where deciding whether or not to book.

The head office member of staff had not realised this and did promise to pass the issue on to the IT section.

This is, though, frustrating and also might be an issue for anyone not even realising that reviews and specific site route information is buried away on the website.

This really is something that needs to be resolved in order to improve the booking and search experience.

Hja replied on 09/03/2023 12:40

Posted on 09/03/2023 12:40

Yes you are completely correct. The absence of understanding of the issue by hq staff just goes to show how disconnected the various parts of the club are. This is an issue that has been raised on this forum, other forums, and direct to the Club via the email link for booking concerns.  But it still hasn’t been resolved.

dunelm replied on 09/03/2023 12:43

Posted on 09/03/2023 12:43

Don't you have a sites handbook?

There are clear directions to sites in there. 

SteveL replied on 09/03/2023 12:44

Posted on 09/03/2023 12:44

They did recently add a link to CL pages on the new system that takes you to the old web pages. However, it is not even listed as a thing to do for the sites on the next in our list of key improvements. It’s such an obvious omission. Although there is a link in the see you soon email, which we at least get about a week before.

SteveL replied on 09/03/2023 12:51

Posted on 09/03/2023 12:43 by dunelm

Don't you have a sites handbook?

There are clear directions to sites in there. 

Posted on 09/03/2023 12:51

Ours stays on the bookshelf all year. So not a lot of help when away.šŸ˜‰ I can access the information online, but only because I am aware of how to do so. There should be a clear link on the site page. It would be so easy to do.

EmilysDad replied on 09/03/2023 13:34

Posted on 09/03/2023 13:34

... The head office member of staff had not realised this and did promise to pass the issue on to the IT section.

The club has an IT section ..... ????? šŸ¤£šŸ¤£

eurortraveller replied on 09/03/2023 14:08

Posted on 09/03/2023 14:08

I don’t find it “frustrating” to type the name of a Club site into the search bar at the top of the website and I am surprised that others might. It seems no more difficult to me than typing the name of an independent site into Google to get information. That isn’t  frustrating to me either. Are some people easily frustrated?

SteveL replied on 09/03/2023 14:13

Posted on 09/03/2023 14:08 by eurortraveller

I donā€™t find it ā€œfrustratingā€ to type the name of a Club site into the search bar at the top of the website and I am surprised that others might. It seems no more difficult to me than typing the name of an independent site into Google to get information. That isnā€™t  frustrating to me either. Are some people easily frustrated?

Posted on 09/03/2023 14:13

It’s OK if you know the old site pages exist ET. However, look at it from the point of view of a new member. They would have no idea that the information exists elsewhere and would rightly expect it to be available on the new booking site

DavidKlyne replied on 09/03/2023 15:30

Posted on 09/03/2023 15:30

If you type the the name of the site in the search box at the top of the page it will take you to the original site information page, then just scroll down and click on map which will show the instructions and map for that site.

Whilst on the site page, top right you can go to the reviews for that site.

Hope that helps. Clearly the the new system has not yet been fully developed to incorporate the two lots of information you want so for the time being you have to depend on the original site pages. I check the reviews most days and plenty of people are leaving reviews.

David

peedee replied on 09/03/2023 16:02

Posted on 09/03/2023 16:02

This really is something that needs to be resolved in order to improve the booking and search experience.

They were alerted to the fact directions were missing almost from day one of the introduction of the new system yet 6 months later ba has happened.

peedee

wedgy replied on 09/03/2023 17:51

Posted on 09/03/2023 17:51

Six months on and they still can't add a link on the site details page saying " local site directions" 

The original Web page still requires knowledge that you have to open maps to see directions !

As previously stated any new members would never know it existed and without the details given could end up in serious trouble. 

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook