Deliveries to sites

JTCamper replied on 03/04/2018 19:08

Posted on 03/04/2018 19:08

Hello all, I have just been told that the Caravan and Motorhome Club Wardens are not allowed to receive / sign for parcels whilst you are staying on site.
I have orders bits and bobs from Amazon etc before whilst staying on sites without any issue but today I was told by a Warden at West Ayton this was not allowed. Apparently they are allowed to sign for parcels if it is an emergency and it is prearranged with them.
I ordered a new cable for my wife’s new phone as it had a USB-C connector.

£319 for my stay here... I am not asking for much just a signature and a 1 hour home for a small box. 

replied on 03/04/2018 19:34

Posted on 03/04/2018 19:34

Presumably you were not ill mannered enough to order without speaking to the wardens first. That being the case if they said no there is no problem as Amazon will deliver to a local collection point. There are several to choose from near me and I assume also near you

Cornersteady replied on 03/04/2018 20:42

Posted on 03/04/2018 20:42

can see their point, I wouldn't want to sign and be responsible for your maybe very expensive parcel

Tinwheeler replied on 03/04/2018 20:51

Posted on 03/04/2018 20:51

I wonder what would happen if there were no staff available to take delivery of a parcel? The wardens could be out on site or, as happens on some singleton sites, on their day off with no cover. Should the postie then leave it with the first person he meets or take it back to the delivery office?

Why not nip to the nearest supermarket and buy the cable there?

JVB66 replied on 03/04/2018 20:51

Posted on 03/04/2018 20:51

I know normal post is acceptable.As noted on numerous sites, but I would not expect site staff to be responsible for signing for a parcel,  as if later there is a "problem" with the contents,who will be responsible as the delivering company ,wiil say it was signed for "in good condition",

replied on 03/04/2018 21:06

Posted on 03/04/2018 21:06

The user and all related content has been Deleted User

Oneputt replied on 03/04/2018 21:12

Posted on 03/04/2018 21:12

What’s the difference between an emergency package and a non emergency and how would a warden know the difference.

replied on 03/04/2018 21:12

Posted on 03/04/2018 20:51 by JVB66

I know normal post is acceptable.As noted on numerous sites, but I would not expect site staff to be responsible for signing for a parcel,  as if later there is a "problem" with the contents,who will be responsible as the delivering company ,wiil say it was signed for "in good condition",

Posted on 03/04/2018 21:12

The user and all related content has been Deleted User

JVB66 replied on 03/04/2018 21:14

Posted on 03/04/2018 21:06 by

I have to agree with you JTC the ruling and situation is ludicrous but typical CC Ltd.

We arrived mid December at a site in Portugal to stay for a month at least.  Dozens of other Brits were there as were many other nationalities.  Our stay covered Xmas and the New Year as did the stay of many others.  The reception was taking in post for campers at least twice a day and courier deliveries ad lib.  All of the letters and parcels, many presents, were held in reception for collection and if the pile got to large they were delivered by the site staff to your pitch with a big smile and greeting.  Strangely some of the camper were CC Ltd warden and they had no problem availing themselves of the service the site offered. Double standards? 

Posted on 03/04/2018 21:14

Or different methods on family/private owend sites with just themselves to answer to if/when problems arise,wink

Cornersteady replied on 03/04/2018 21:18

Posted on 03/04/2018 21:06 by

I have to agree with you JTC the ruling and situation is ludicrous but typical CC Ltd.

We arrived mid December at a site in Portugal to stay for a month at least.  Dozens of other Brits were there as were many other nationalities.  Our stay covered Xmas and the New Year as did the stay of many others.  The reception was taking in post for campers at least twice a day and courier deliveries ad lib.  All of the letters and parcels, many presents, were held in reception for collection and if the pile got to large they were delivered by the site staff to your pitch with a big smile and greeting.  Strangely some of the camper were CC Ltd warden and they had no problem availing themselves of the service the site offered. Double standards? 

Posted on 03/04/2018 21:18

So should club wardens staying at non club sites arrive at club arrival times as well in case they are accused of double standards?

replied on 03/04/2018 21:18

Posted on 03/04/2018 21:18

I order from Amazon and I am often surprised tha tI order one day and it is delivered the next. However very occasionally there is a delay and it might take 8 days or more.

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook