Baltic Wharf Club Campsite

Kate Forsyth replied on 12/04/2023 15:11

Posted on 12/04/2023 15:11

Hi there  I feel saddened that we can no longer come to the Baltic Wharf site because of the Zone.  It's sad because Baltic Wharf is just inside the Clean Air Zone which would cost us £100.00 to arrive and the same to leave.  Are there others in the same situation and though more recently I got the exemption because I have a disabled badge though even that does not exclude this hefty charge which we cannot afford.  Are there any solutions, I contacted the council with little satisfaction...

DavidKlyne replied on 12/04/2023 16:45

Posted on 12/04/2023 16:45

Kate

Unfortunately most local authorities that impose such schemes treat motorhomes the same as commercial vehicles and don't tend to have a separate category for leisure vehicles. You might encounter the same problem if you want to visit London to either Crystal Palace or Abbey Wood. There are an increasing number of these clean air zones and one could imagine that in the future, unless you have the latest Euro engine, it will not be possible to camp in cities with easy access to the centre.

David

brue replied on 12/04/2023 17:05

Posted on 12/04/2023 17:05

I have family living in Bristol and they all have to pay £9. (They live within metres of the zone.) The £9 is for cars etc.

If the site is too expensive I'd suggest a day visit using the park and ride.

mickysf replied on 13/04/2023 12:09

Posted on 13/04/2023 12:09

I totally get the need for zones and other traffic/pollution reducing measures but we also need first class, ‘cheap’ for all, public transport to support these. Why have bus passes for the pensioners when it’s the younger ones amongst us with families who possibly need more financial help. We enjoy those occasional city breaks but they may soon be a thing of the past. Those who complain about the pitch prices at the likes of York Rowntree Park don’t know how lucky they are, at the present. 

brue replied on 15/04/2023 09:28

Posted on 15/04/2023 09:28

At least the £2 bus fare cap has been extended till the end of June. Out of interest, for Bristol, the park and ride on the western side near the M5 just off the Portway is easy to reach. Bristol does have good bus services and excellent cycle routes...just remember to say "thanks Drive" in Bristol fashion when you leave the bus. wink

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook