Affiliated sites

bluebazza replied on 07/04/2017 17:24

Posted on 07/04/2017 17:24

What's the difference between a private site (advertised at the rear of handbook) and an Affiliated site advertised in the front?

You cant book through the club, deposit required and expensive. Some sites like Ludlow advertise as a club site and private. Some are also are in the CCC handbook.

Is the club "selling" space in its handbook to these sites.

If you are a club site you are in the book, if you are a private site you are with the rest of the private sites in the back of the book. 

Tinwheeler replied on 07/04/2017 17:41

Posted on 07/04/2017 17:41

Affiliated sites will be operating to a known standard acceptable to the club. They often give a small discount to club members. What the financial arrangements are between club and sites, I don't know.

As far as I know, other commercial sites listed in the handbook could be of any standard and pay the club to advertise there.

Takethedogalong replied on 07/04/2017 18:00

Posted on 07/04/2017 18:00

TW is correct regarding standards, also using AS Sites fills the gaps where there are no Club Sites. Some, such as the racecourse sites go back a very long time in terms of their affiliation with the CC, we stayed at Market Rasen in the 1980's. We have used a few, and always found them very nice, not by any means more expensive than Club Sites, although I do accept that some can be. It is up to the individual to make a selection based on price, and for a number of Club members, these sites are a useful addition. Especially as the Club is now losing the leasing arrangements on a lot of venues, such as Much Wenlock, Bromyard Downs etc...

We have used some of the private site listed in the back of the book as well. Again, it is individual choice.

Randomcamper replied on 07/04/2017 18:06

Posted on 07/04/2017 18:06

Another distinct advantage I find is that every AS I have used requires, as you say, the  booking deposit,  meaning that there is little or no speculative booking, I have never failed to get a pitch on an AS when I want one......wink

replied on 17/08/2017 16:16

Posted on 17/08/2017 16:16

All I can say is that (with the exception of one racecourse site) I have used a number of affiliated sites and been pleased with them.

PITCHTOCLOSE replied on 17/08/2017 16:31

Posted on 17/08/2017 16:31

If they are run by Morris leisure group then you will not be disappointed I think they surpass cc sites, if you are causeing a nuisance you are asked to leave, CC should take notice.

replied on 17/08/2017 16:45

Posted on 17/08/2017 16:31 by PITCHTOCLOSE

If they are run by Morris leisure group then you will not be disappointed I think they surpass cc sites, if you are causeing a nuisance you are asked to leave, CC should take notice.

Posted on 17/08/2017 16:45

The user and all related content has been Deleted User

eurortraveller replied on 17/08/2017 17:50

Posted on 17/08/2017 17:50

I have a friend who will use a privately owned, independent site if it is labelled Affiliated, but never dreams of going to a site like that if it doesn't have that seal of approval. I know, I've told him, but his resistance is great. 

JVB66 replied on 17/08/2017 17:56

Posted on 07/04/2017 17:41 by Tinwheeler

Affiliated sites will be operating to a known standard acceptable to the club. They often give a small discount to club members. What the financial arrangements are between club and sites, I don't know.

As far as I know, other commercial sites listed in the handbook could be of any standard and pay the club to advertise there.

Posted on 17/08/2017 17:56

+1

eurortraveller replied on 17/08/2017 18:20

Posted on 17/08/2017 17:50 by eurortraveller

I have a friend who will use a privately owned, independent site if it is labelled Affiliated, but never dreams of going to a site like that if it doesn't have that seal of approval. I know, I've told him, but his resistance is great. 

Posted on 17/08/2017 18:20

For example he will stay at the Lydford site in Devon because it is Affiliated and drive down to Tavistock from there, but is unwilling  to stay at either of two really good Tavistock sites - Harford Bridge and Langstone  Manor - despite my persuasions and despite nearly  a hundred reviewers giving those two higher scores. And I don't think he is the only one. 

eurortraveller replied on 18/08/2017 09:45

Posted on 18/08/2017 09:45

Surprisingly , there seem to be duplicate threads ...again. No, it's triplicate this time. 

Hello Rowena ! Do please ask the techies to sort it. 

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook