crit air certificates 2023

HT11 replied on 28/02/2023 18:21

Posted on 28/02/2023 18:21

I applied 5 weeks ago for a Crit Air certificate. I received email  confirmation of payment with  what I assume to be a  copy of the details. My question is, "Will a sticker arrive in the post ? and if so, does it normally take this long" ? The email is in French and I haven't a clue what it says. 

Thank you 

SteveL replied on 28/02/2023 18:34

Posted on 28/02/2023 18:34

Yes you will get a sticker in the post. It’s a few years since I sent for one but I don’t think it took that long. Although I believe there are currently quite a few strikes as a result of the presidents decision to press ahead with pension / retirement age changes. Perhaps it has been delayed by industrial action. You put in your heading 2023. Once you have one it lasts until you change your vehicle or it fades to much, as seems to be happening to mine.

RedKite replied on 28/02/2023 20:13

Posted on 28/02/2023 20:13

The acknowledgement usually includes a copy of your specific sticker that you can print out and use until the real one arrives. When the real one arrives, it will have an anti removal adhesive so get it in the right place on your windscreen first time. wink

SteveL is right about industrial unrest slowing things down a bit, but it will eventually arrive in the post.

Scan your email to here, lots of members can provide you with translation. As will google translate if you type in the words.

Jamsdad replied on 01/03/2023 09:23

Posted on 01/03/2023 09:23

If you keep a paper copy of your email acknowledgement you are covered. In the ( unlikely) event of being challenged by the French Police just show them the email. But I'm sure your sticker will arrive. As said by Red Kite scan in your email and a translation can be given by good folk on here.

HT11 replied on 01/03/2023 13:18

Posted on 01/03/2023 13:18

Thank you everyone- this forum is SO good!!. Scanning sounds good but that's takes things to a  whole new level for me !! My details and class of vehicle  are on the attachment, so I 'll hang on for another couple of weeks before deciding what to do next. I didn't realise about the strikes in France, so maybe that is why they are taking so long. 

AGOG replied on 01/03/2023 14:36

Posted on 28/02/2023 20:13 by RedKite

The acknowledgement usually includes a copy of your specific sticker that you can print out and use until the real one arrives. When the real one arrives, it will have an anti removal adhesive so get it in the right place on your windscreen first time. wink

SteveL is right about industrial unrest slowing things down a bit, but it will eventually arrive in the post.

Scan your email to here, lots of members can provide you with translation. As will google translate if you type in the words.

Posted on 01/03/2023 14:36

is there a right place for the sticker please?

RedKite replied on 01/03/2023 15:51

Posted on 01/03/2023 15:51

"is there a right place for the sticker please?"

Sitting inside the vehicle, top right of the windscreen, regardless of which side your steering wheel is. That is where the gantry cameras will expect to see it.

Bonne route.

HT11 replied on 16/03/2023 20:50

Posted on 28/02/2023 18:21 by HT11

I applied 5 weeks ago for a Crit Air certificate. I received email  confirmation of payment with  what I assume to be a  copy of the details. My question is, "Will a sticker arrive in the post ? and if so, does it normally take this long" ? The email is in French and I haven't a clue what it says. 

Thank you 

Posted on 16/03/2023 20:50

Thanks to everyone who answered but this is an update to my question.

I managed to get a French translation so that was helpful. Unfortunately, my Crit Air sticker never arrived in the post and I emailed the website. They've cancelled my original application and are to refund me the cost of the sticker. I have been told to re-apply. 

curly 1971 replied on 16/05/2023 15:46

Posted on 16/05/2023 15:46

Hey all

can anyone actually state if the UK need a CRIT to travel this year - we usually go around Lyon rather than through it with the caravan on the back so not 100% sure if Im going to need it??   Also cant work out from the main site where exactly the low emission zone in Lyon is (Guessing its along the river when the Autoroute runs through the town).

Would rather have it in case I need to take that route than not have it at all.

Didnt drive through Lyon last year thanks to a different ferry option so checking it off for this year....

Thanks folks as always!

peedee replied on 16/05/2023 17:06

Posted on 16/05/2023 17:06

Stickers are such low cost and are valid for the life of the vehicle, it is not worth not having them especially as environmental zones are on the increase and some are not always signed. My sat nav usually warns me if a route goes through these zones and I can then check using >this web site< to see what the rules are and where the zones are, even then it can still be unclear where zone borders are.

peedee

Mother456 replied on 16/05/2023 20:29

Posted on 16/05/2023 20:29

I’ve just got my CRIT AIR it’s valid for the life of the vehicle. At a cost of  about £4 it’s worth it rather than the£160 fine. I had a problem as it wanted a photo of my V5 document but the photo size was to large, after tearing my hair out on how to do it I emailed the photo to me then then used that photo. Job done. Really proud of myself as I’m not very good with technology 

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook