crit air certificates 2023

HT11 replied on 28/02/2023 18:21

Posted on 28/02/2023 18:21

I applied 5 weeks ago for a Crit Air certificate. I received email  confirmation of payment with  what I assume to be a  copy of the details. My question is, "Will a sticker arrive in the post ? and if so, does it normally take this long" ? The email is in French and I haven't a clue what it says. 

Thank you 

Hawthorn37 replied on 26/09/2023 12:22

Posted on 26/09/2023 12:22

Does anyone know of current issues with these vignettes?  I applied on 28 August for a class 2 sticker for my car (got one already for our campervan) and it hasn’t turned up yet.  I got a payment receipt by email, but no confirmation email with a picture of the vignette as we had last year for the van.  The Tracking page doesn’t have a record of our order, which I guess means either it’s been dispatched, or the order has fallen out of the system.  My daughter applied for one for her car as well, and this too has failed to be delivered.  I rechecked the website, and it’s definitely the official one.

HT11 replied on 26/09/2023 12:53

Posted on 26/09/2023 12:22 by Hawthorn37

Does anyone know of current issues with these vignettes?  I applied on 28 August for a class 2 sticker for my car (got one already for our campervan) and it hasn’t turned up yet.  I got a payment receipt by email, but no confirmation email with a picture of the vignette as we had last year for the van.  The Tracking page doesn’t have a record of our order, which I guess means either it’s been dispatched, or the order has fallen out of the system.  My daughter applied for one for her car as well, and this too has failed to be delivered.  I rechecked the website, and it’s definitely the official one.

Posted on 26/09/2023 12:53

I don’t know what the current situation is but I never received my sticker despite being told it had been despatched. I think you have about 28 days to notify them you haven’t received it after which any the French authorities won’t do anything about it. 
In the end, I applied for a 2nd time and my sticker arrived in within 7 days. You have to read the terms and conditions carefully to find the information about what to do if your sticker fails to arrive . Good Luck

onepjg replied on 05/11/2023 22:03

Posted on 05/11/2023 22:03

Am I right in thinking the the Crit Air certificate covers all of the relevant areas in France, another words you don’t need different certificates for different areas ? Buy the certificate and you are covered if you inadvertently enter a zone ?

SteveL replied on 05/11/2023 22:16

Posted on 05/11/2023 22:16

They do cover the whole of France. However, as I understand it what is allowed where can vary depending on pollution levels. Our certificate is a 2 for a euro 6 engine. I don’t think those are very often banned from anywhere. 3s and 4 ‘s are more likely to be restricted. Clearly even if you have a valid sticker, straying into an area where it is not permitted would be best avoided.

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook