Seeking inspiration for a CL with a great view

Longtimecaravanner replied on 21/07/2020 15:30

Posted on 21/07/2020 15:30

Having finally decided we will go away this year and booked our favourite CL in Northumberland for two weeks in September travelling north from Cambridgeshire, I have spent the last few hours reading reviews of sites. So, I am looking for a CL with electric, I don't need anything else except a wonderful view. Could be the Peaks, Lake District or Yorkshire for a couple of weeks early September and then perhaps somewhere else for a few days on our way back from Northumberland. Have you got a favourite with a wonderful view to recommend please?

moulesy replied on 21/07/2020 15:48

Posted on 21/07/2020 15:48

Not quite the lakes, but just a bit south - have a look at Drake House Farm near Clitheroe. One of our favourites, AO, all HS serviced pitches, toilet & shower if needed and wifi included - not the cheapest of CLs but worth it for the view alone, straight over the valley to Pendle Hill. Lots of walks direct from site or a short drive away in a very underrated part of the country. 

moulesy replied on 21/07/2020 16:00

Posted on 21/07/2020 16:00

Forgot to add that if you're keen on BBQs a visit to Cowman's Famous Sausage Shop in the town is an absolute must. Time your visit just right,  as they're putting out samples, and you can almost make it a free lunch! wink

Wherenext replied on 21/07/2020 16:06

Posted on 21/07/2020 16:06

Abbey View on the outskirts of Whitby. Excellent CL with wonderful views. Haven't got my usual machine with photos but look on the "Better Days" thread on Caravan and M/H chat  and there is a photo early on in the thread that I posted. Plus you can from 1 of the pitches see Whitby Abbey on the horizon.

Longtimecaravanner replied on 21/07/2020 16:28

Posted on 21/07/2020 16:06 by Wherenext

Abbey View on the outskirts of Whitby. Excellent CL with wonderful views. Haven't got my usual machine with photos but look on the "Better Days" thread on Caravan and M/H chat  and there is a photo early on in the thread that I posted. Plus you can from 1 of the pitches see Whitby Abbey on the horizon.

Posted on 21/07/2020 16:28

Whitby is my favourite sea side town and we have spent a lot of time over the years there and I do fancy a change. But thank you I will keep this site in mind when we next go as it looks really good.

Longtimecaravanner replied on 21/07/2020 16:31

Posted on 21/07/2020 15:48 by moulesy

Not quite the lakes, but just a bit south - have a look at Drake House Farm near Clitheroe. One of our favourites, AO, all HS serviced pitches, toilet & shower if needed and wifi included - not the cheapest of CLs but worth it for the view alone, straight over the valley to Pendle Hill. Lots of walks direct from site or a short drive away in a very underrated part of the country. 

Posted on 21/07/2020 16:31

Extra bonuses in full serviced and adult only plus we have been over the length and breadth of the Uk but never visited Lancashire so that is a definite possible. Also I would love to see the Gormley statues at Crosby which looks as if a day out there would be quite possible. Thank you for the suggestion.

Takethedogalong replied on 21/07/2020 18:24

Posted on 21/07/2020 18:24

Seat House not far from Skipton in Yorkshire Dales is very nice.

https://www.caravanclub.co.uk/certificated-locations/england/north-yorkshire/skipton/seat-house/

Whittlees is just off Hadrians Wall, another quiet Site in stunning countryside.

JillwithaJay replied on 22/07/2020 09:06

Posted on 21/07/2020 16:31 by Longtimecaravanner

Extra bonuses in full serviced and adult only plus we have been over the length and breadth of the Uk but never visited Lancashire so that is a definite possible. Also I would love to see the Gormley statues at Crosby which looks as if a day out there would be quite possible. Thank you for the suggestion.

Posted on 22/07/2020 09:06

It would be a good drive out to Crosby from this CL but certainly worth it.  Only one tip - check the tide timetable otherwise you might be disappointed. 

EmilysDad replied on 22/07/2020 10:06

Posted on 22/07/2020 09:06 by JillwithaJay

It would be a good drive out to Crosby from this CL but certainly worth it.  Only one tip - check the tide timetable otherwise you might be disappointed. 

Posted on 22/07/2020 10:06

And keep an eye in the tide while you're there, it can easily catch you out .... 

Longtimecaravanner replied on 22/07/2020 10:10

Posted on 22/07/2020 10:10

I did look at Seat House before you recommended it but was put off by the review complaining of the flies and I will keep in mind Whittlees for another time as we already have a site booked in Northumberland. Brandon Ford farm, if you haven't tried it, is a fully serviced site with good views and a wonderful position next to the River Breamish.

I have emailed Drake House Farm to see if they have a vacancy and if not will try Dale View.

Thanks Jill will do as I wouldn't have thought of that.

Thanks everyone for the recommendations.

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook