Record-Breaking Year for Pitch Bookings

BirchHillFarmCL replied on 24/04/2017 11:09

Posted on 24/04/2017 11:09

I'm not sure why, but we are experiencing a huge surge in bookings.  Our CL has been running for 35 years and 5 out of the past 8 months have broken all records - even more bookings than the time that we won the CL of the Year Award. 

Perhaps this is the 'staycation' that the media has been telling us about - the value of the pound compared with foreign currencies, and international terrorism meaning that more people are staying in the UK for their holidays.  On the other hand, it might be our accessible rural location, quiet views, £12 pitch fees and free Wi-Fi.

I'm hearing similar stories from other CL Owners, so the moral is to 'book early to avoid disappointment'.

We now have an online booking system and availability calendar on our website.

Ian Kelly
01691 622951
Holiday@BirchHill.co.uk
www.BirchHill.co.uk

Birch Hill Farm – a multi-award winning hideaway in the beautiful lake-lands of Shropshire - exclusively for members of the Caravan and Motorhome Club

Read the reviews - look at the photos.

Number 1321 in the 2017/18 Sites Directory

Takethedogalong replied on 24/04/2017 11:35

Posted on 24/04/2017 11:35

Glad things are going so well Ian. We had a glance at a few Club Site prices for a long tour in September, area that we don't know very well. Out of around ten Club Sites on our possible route, we only found two that were in the nightly fee average that suited us ( bearing in mind we would arrive on site as late as possible and be up and off the next morning).

Lots of CLs and a few small private sites that hit the spot though, and I suspect that folks are doing like us, making even more use of good value CLs, or trying one for the first time and finding out just what marvellous value and diversity they offer!

nelliethehooker replied on 24/04/2017 21:43

Posted on 24/04/2017 21:43

On the other hand, it might be our accessible rural location, quiet views, £12 pitch fees and free Wi-Fi.

I'm sure that this has quite a bit to do with it.

Glad that your site is doing well. Long may your booking increase, as long as we can get a pitch!wink

Oneputt replied on 25/04/2017 08:22

Posted on 25/04/2017 08:22

Think its the latter Ian.  We have been abroad this year already which means the rest of our trips will be in the UK.  In May we will be going to Pembroke and returning close to Shropshire so when we have decided what we are doing we may even end up with you.  

The other thing is I'm sure more people are switching on to year round vanning.so that may account for a few months over winter.  Its great to hear your CL is doing well. 

HelenandTrevor replied on 25/04/2017 18:44

Posted on 25/04/2017 18:44

It's good to hear that bookings for CL'S are going well, especially after all the problems with the Web site.

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook