I don't know if I should say this .....

Tomorrow replied on 02/06/2016 18:34

Posted on 02/06/2016 18:34

We had give up on CLs as we have only ever had bad experiences however I decided to try one last time over the recent bank holiday.  Well what a difference a great site can do.  We stayed here http://bowhillfarm.co.uk/index.php .  I know some will say expensive others adults only but for us it was great.  Great views, lovely shower and toilets.  Huge ducks egg's for sale.  My only hesitation about posting this is like to go back and if it gets too popular I will not get in

Oneputt replied on 02/06/2016 18:58

Posted on 02/06/2016 18:58

Tomorrow we stayed there last September and as you say it's very good, well maintained with stunning views. I wouldn't worry about becoming over popular as the £25/night fee will put a lot off.   We've stayed at some really stunning CL's with prices as low as £10/night.  I've only stayed at 1 site where I defini wouldn't return and 1 where I might not stay.  Just hope you also continue to enjoy

Takethedogalong replied on 02/06/2016 19:00

Posted on 02/06/2016 19:00

Good to know you have found something that suits you T! There are some lovely CLs, very different to suit all tastes and needs. Have you done a proper review for the site? If you could, will help a lot of other members make a decision about using, and is a nice way of thanking the owners. Good for you for posting!Happy

replied on 02/06/2016 19:13

Posted on 02/06/2016 19:13

Tomorrow we stayed there last September and as you say it's very good, well maintained with stunning views. I wouldn't worry about becoming over popular as the £25/night fee will put a lot off.   We've stayed at some really stunning CL's with prices as low as £10/night.  I've only stayed at 1 site where I defini wouldn't return and 1 where I might not stay.  Just hope you also continue to enjoy

Write your comments here...£25 per night certainly puts me off!

HelenandTrevor replied on 02/06/2016 19:17

Posted on 02/06/2016 19:17

Really pleased that you have found a CL you like , it looks lovely on their website, there are some excellent ones out there. 

nelliethehooker replied on 02/06/2016 19:32

Posted on 02/06/2016 19:32

Write your comments here...£25 per night certainly puts me off!

Us too. We wouldn't pay that to stay on a club site never mind a CL, however good the facilities.

replied on 02/06/2016 21:10

Posted on 02/06/2016 21:10

The user and all related content has been Deleted User

Kennine replied on 02/06/2016 21:20

Posted on 02/06/2016 21:20

I love CLs but would never use one if the owner charged any more than fifteen pounds.  Any more IMO is just a rip off.and the only way to stop this greed is to vote with our feet and give those CLs a huge bodyswerve until they bring their prices down to a reasonable level.

Takethedogalong replied on 02/06/2016 21:26

Posted on 02/06/2016 21:26

Although  £25 a night is more than we ever pay it doesn't  sound so extreme when compared with club sites and what they offer for similar  pricss. Why should a title "cl" indicate an inferior  site , this sound better not less than a club offering

I totally agree AD. It looks a very nice site, with nice facilities, and the owners clearly know how to maximise their income to cover expenditure, so if they are happy with the numbers booking and staying then they are onto a winner.

That said, we prefer to have less and pay less, but that is our preference.

Spriddler replied on 02/06/2016 22:06

Posted on 02/06/2016 22:06

I don't motorhome for budgetry reasons. I have always and I will continue to stay on CLs even if they are the same cost as a 'proper' site.

Waking up and relaxing in a peaceful meadow of spring flowers beside a rippling stream with an orchestra of birdsong is priceless.

Oneputt replied on 02/06/2016 22:39

Posted on 02/06/2016 22:39

When we stayed at Bow Hill Farm we did vote with our feet by not staying at a club site for about the same price!

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook