Daffodils on a sunny Spring day - pitch available

BirchHillFarmCL replied on 15/03/2017 13:00

Posted on 15/03/2017 13:00

We've had some wonderful weather here in Shropshire over the past few days - our guests have been sunbathing, which is wonderful for mid-March.  I couldn't resist taking this picture of the daffodils a few minutes ago.

Our CL has been full for the past couple of weekends, but we've just had a cancellation for this coming weekend. We've just (today) introduced a new online booking system if you want to try it.

We have grassed hard-standings.  £12 per night including EHU.  Free Wi-Fi.

Ian Kelly
01691 622951
Holiday@BirchHill.co.uk
www.BirchHill.co.uk

Birch Hill Farm – a multi-award winning hideaway in the beautiful lake-lands of Shropshire - exclusively for members of the Caravan and Motorhome Club

Read the reviews - look at the photos.

Number 1321 in the 2017/18 Sites Directory
Number 1398 in the 2015/16 Sites Directory

Bakers2 replied on 15/03/2017 13:16

Posted on 15/03/2017 13:16

Looks lovely. Would love to take you up on your offer but mothers garden is calling - she informed me this morning. So that's where we'll be this weekend.

ggregu replied on 15/03/2017 18:39

Posted on 15/03/2017 18:39

I would love to use your site too, I have a friend who lives in Ellesmere. Unfortunately I have three small (very well behaved) dogs and your rules only permit two😟

Gill

BirchHillFarmCL replied on 15/03/2017 20:46

Posted on 15/03/2017 18:39 by ggregu

I would love to use your site too, I have a friend who lives in Ellesmere. Unfortunately I have three small (very well behaved) dogs and your rules only permit two😟

Gill

Posted on 15/03/2017 20:46

Hi Gill,
at one stage, we did not limit the number of dogs - our record for a single caravan was 12 (well-behaved) dogs!

The main reason that we impose a 2-dog rule is that we once had a situation where someone brought 3 dogs, which escaped from their awning, formed a 'pack' and attacked our Golden Retriever.  As well as being rather upsetting, it involved a hefty vet's bill.  "Once bitten, twice shy".

There is another CL in Ellesmere which accepts dogs - it opened last August, £6 per night, but it is not in the new Sites Directory
https://www.caravanclub.co.uk/certificated-locations/england/shropshire/ellesmere/manoravon/

Ian

ggregu replied on 15/03/2017 22:55

Posted on 15/03/2017 22:55

Thanks for your reply Ian, I  accept your reasoning for the 2 dog rule, it must have been very upsetting for both your poor dog and yourselves. However, I think under those circumstances, if 2 dogs got it in their minds to escape they too would act as a pack.

Thanks for the pointer to the other site. There is also a CS I've used at Lyneal Wharf but I think access to the site might be a bit narrow with this van.

regards,

Gill

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook