CL search doesn't work

obbernockle replied on 18/12/2016 19:26

Posted on 18/12/2016 19:26

The  CL search facility on the new web site is useless. I have tried on and off for a few days now, and I really have had enough. Another thread here advised to the "search by map" then click "CL's" but I can't get this to work either. This new web site really is an abortion.

DianneT replied on 18/12/2016 21:51

Posted on 18/12/2016 21:51

How are you doing it?

I have been on and off there in the last few days just tried and no problems on Windows 10 and iPad iOS 10 

I go onto Main Page, UK Holidays, CL's  and then put in Town, County or Post Code then put in the facilities I want and it comes up with suitable sites.

DianneT

AlanGL7 replied on 18/12/2016 23:50

Posted on 18/12/2016 23:50

I don't think the filters are working correctly. Eg for Gloucestershire if you select Adults Only and EHU you get 39 CLs including my CLs which are not adult only. If you put in EHU on its own you get 37 CLs. Looks like the filters are using AND/OR rather than just AND. Another problem is that many of the photos have gone AWOL and I've also lost all my reviews for my Greenacres Farm CL.

Alan

www.greenacrescl.co.uk

Now with Online Booking

JohnM20 replied on 19/12/2016 09:30

Posted on 19/12/2016 09:30

I've just been looking for a specific CL close to Buxton so I clicked on counties and selected Derbyshire. On the list of towns that came up all the Derbyshire towns were in bold. Fair enough. I clicked on Buxton but found the CL wasn't on the list. I then went back to the towns drop down box only to find that none of the Derbyshire towns were now in bold so had to go through the whole list of UK towns to find another Derbyshire town that the CL might come under. If Derbyshire is still shown as the county why cannot all Derbyshire towns be shown in bold all the time. Far, far better still would be that Derbyshire towns, or any other selected county, were filtered out to give a far shorter list. If the system can filter the towns to show them in bold surely they can filter them to isolate them to a shorter list. To me that seems so simple to do.

Also, and not specifically about the new abortion of a website, why can CLs not be shown under towns that they are near rather than by postcodes. The CL that I was looking for is very near Buxton but has a Stoke on Trent postcode, I eventually found,  and so comes under Staffordshire and not Derbyshire.

nelliethehooker replied on 19/12/2016 19:53

Posted on 19/12/2016 09:30 by JohnM20

I've just been looking for a specific CL close to Buxton so I clicked on counties and selected Derbyshire. On the list of towns that came up all the Derbyshire towns were in bold. Fair enough. I clicked on Buxton but found the CL wasn't on the list. I then went back to the towns drop down box only to find that none of the Derbyshire towns were now in bold so had to go through the whole list of UK towns to find another Derbyshire town that the CL might come under. If Derbyshire is still shown as the county why cannot all Derbyshire towns be shown in bold all the time. Far, far better still would be that Derbyshire towns, or any other selected county, were filtered out to give a far shorter list. If the system can filter the towns to show them in bold surely they can filter them to isolate them to a shorter list. To me that seems so simple to do.

Also, and not specifically about the new abortion of a website, why can CLs not be shown under towns that they are near rather than by postcodes. The CL that I was looking for is very near Buxton but has a Stoke on Trent postcode, I eventually found,  and so comes under Staffordshire and not Derbyshire.

Posted on 19/12/2016 19:53

The map search has just worked for me. Having selected a county and then a town I've been able to go back to county, select firstly all towns and then the drop down button will list all the towns again in your selected county. Hope this helps John.

BTW which site were you looking for. There's a ( relatively ) huge distance between Stoke and Buxton

Wherenext replied on 19/12/2016 21:02

Posted on 19/12/2016 21:02

I then went back to the towns drop down box only to find that none of the Derbyshire towns were now in bold so had to go through the whole list of UK towns to find another Derbyshire town that the CL might come under.

John, I found that the old system sometimes did this. If you go back to the county drop down, accept the next one up (or down) from, say Derbyshire, and then immediately change it back to Derbyshire it will (hopefully) rectify the problem. 

As mentioned on numerous occasions, not just by me, the system should work properly and not need us to find a way around it. It is already putting people off using it and if you stop using the booking system then CL owners are going to suffer. Shouldn't think this was the Club's intentions but....

nelliethehooker replied on 20/12/2016 19:37

Posted on 20/12/2016 19:37

Such a shame for all the CL owners. Wonder if CC's going to compensate them for loss of visitors, hence income!!foot-in-mouth

Kiwidave replied on 21/12/2016 12:15

Posted on 21/12/2016 12:15

The map is still there folks and to expand on the advice above :-

From the Home Page under Book a Club Site.  At the bottom of the box in red...........click on ..........Search by Map.    

Next page.......... Map Search      -     Default shows Club Sites so click on CLs  and then underneath    'Search'          

It takes a while to load   (in my neck of the woods anyway) but it is all there.

Happy Days

nelliethehooker replied on 27/12/2016 20:00

Posted on 27/12/2016 20:00

I have just tried a search on the CL web site for one in Warwickshire using the search criteria for H/S, EHU, Open all year, Dogs allowed and Wifi available.

The result indicates that there are 23 sites that fit these criteria. However only 9 sites come up, none of which have wifi, one is not open all year, and one has no EHU!!!

Come on HO, what the heck is going on? A similar search before the "UPGRADE" would certainly have given a proper list. This is not good enough IMO. 

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook